Sonic Electronix

Amplifying your mids/highs

Just wanted to make a post to hopefully encourage someone else to spend a few dollars on a 2 or 4 channel amp for their mids and highs.

I just got my amp today for the mids/highs and have finished installing and wiring it to the crossovers for my component set. I have CDT EF-61 6.5" mids with DRT-25 tweets and Sat Net 560 crossovers. I was previously using head unit power from my Alpine to power the components and they were better than stock by far but still knew they had much more potential for loudness and sound quality.

After installing the amp and listening to it for a few songs I have to say it was WELL worth it! It sounds alot louder and soo much cleaner and clearer. The highs seem to carry much better and the mids have a much better sound. No more distortion from head unit power for me. I am now ruined and will never have a system without upgraded mids/highs and amp to power them.

At first it kind of sounded like crap still until I realized and turned off the internal amp on the head unit which is a really nice feature on my model. Now it is only using external amp to power the mids and highs.

Hooray for me and if you are thinking about doing this yourself but maybe are on the fence...DO IT you will be so happy you did.

That is all.

:orly3:

I will never run my mids off a deck , always an amps, I can crank my mids so loud. That is the only downside, I hurt my ears because of how loud I can turn it up. I will get home and turn off the car, then get back in later, and the radio will be at the same volume, but it scares the crap out of me, thats cause my ears wear down after having it so loud for a long time.

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

I've never use to run an amp for mids and highs until the past year and will never go back

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Archived