2000 Toyota Celica build UPDATE New Subs In!!!!

Oh man a celica lol. I had an 03 Celica GT 5spd with the action pack body kit and spoiler and 18" rims and that thing would flat out go lol. Every MECA comp i took that thing to i won PHAT car every time but once (Got beat out by a corvette so no big deal). I had a simple MCA PR1000.1 and two 12" PRSV4 and barely broke a 137 on average. I was gonna use my $1500 in tax returns to upgrade my system in it but sadly on Jan. 18 2011, a tow truck had his ramp down (in the middle of the freeway at 12:45am in the pouring rain WITH NO LIGHTS ON) and i pulled a dukes of hazard flipping three times and totaling it. I cant figure out how to insert an image or i would of the car before and after the crash.

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS

Whats your budget on door speakers? Man i wish my celica was black.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Whats your budget on door speakers? Man i wish my celica was black.

Im doin some fiberglass doors and a pillars, putting a few speakers on the dash and one on each side of the center console. The fact that i have a decent job now is really making this reality.

Did you put in all the LED's yourself? I tried recently and it was really tough to get all figured out. If you did props to you. If you got them put in by a pro, it still looks good either way.

I have a friend that does body and paint work for a living and me and him installed all of them ourselves.

Lookin good man I like it, but you really should put a fuse on the wire running from your alt. to battery.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to getting my a pillars done.

The speakers i chose are Precision Power Sedona 4 inch 2 ways and some Precision Power T.1 tweeters.

53dfb90a.jpg

We were going to use 1/2 inch mdf but we were out so we used 3/4 inch.

We made the speaker rings and tweeter rings.

c595394a.jpg

The tweeter rings were made into a tear drop.

3651f079.jpg

We started to mock up the speaker placement by attaching the 4s to the mdf rings.

57736931.jpg

We attached the mdf rings and the tweeter pods to the drivers side and the passenger side.

cc55738e.jpg

0703010922.jpg

After we got the speaker pods glued to the pillars, we took them out to see if they were even.

downsized_0703010936.jpg

Once they were even we took them out to the work shed and attached fleece to them.

downsized_0703011113.jpg

We started to apply resin to each pillar and had to do it in a hurry because it was so hot outside and the resin was drying up fast.

downsized_0703011208.jpg

Here it is after a second coat of resin.

downsized_0703011131.jpg

After they dried, we put them back into the car to make sure they would fit.

0703011309.jpg

Once they fit, we took them out and applied bondo to them.

downsized_0703011422.jpg

We painted them to see how close they were to the factory color.

0703111704a.jpg

downsized950703111704.jpg

We noticed the fiberglass was coming up from the pillar so we drilled a few holes through the pod and the pillar and put bondo to attach them both, but forgot to take pics of that step.

After we painted them, we forgot that they were texturized so wo got some black wrinkle paint and sprayed them with it.

0731111331.jpg

Once they dried, we painted it again with the factory color and screwed the 4 inch speakers in and super glued the tweeters in.

0801112001.jpg

I found an old school Yamaha amp to power them on craigs list.

1c7fa2f2.jpg

Archived