jdmkidd Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 Hey all, just a quick question here. The speakers I have in my car are rated for 75W at 4ohm. I picked out a 4channel amp to power them and it is rated at 90W x 4 @ 2ohm. Is this a properly sized amp? How much power will it push at 4ohms? I just have them running off the head unit in my mr2 and I think they would sound a LOT better if I get a proper amp hooked up to it. Note that all the wattage is RMS. I'm not going for a huge system, just something I can hear clearly over the engine. Thanks in advance
STEvil Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 amp should do something in the area of 45 to 65w @ 4 ohm... but i'm just guessing since you didnt post a make/model. MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..." Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through. Hammerdown... 1% no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.
Alex K Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 Yeah, you're going to see about 40w/ channel. 2006 Nissan Z Track. My Feedback Thread i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.
jdmkidd Posted January 15, 2011 Author Report Posted January 15, 2011 amp should do something in the area of 45 to 65w @ 4 ohm... but i'm just guessing since you didnt post a make/model. It's going to be a Kicker 10ZX3504. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21950_Kicker-ZX350.4-10ZX350.4.html After looking at that link, I just found it under the description! Oh well, thanks anyway. 60x4 @ 4ohm. Hopefully I can mount it underneath the seat, I'm running out of space!
Alex K Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 good amp my friend. 2006 Nissan Z Track. My Feedback Thread i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.
wilkinschunilall Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 Arent Kickers "Underated" i would say 50-60watts
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.