dangerick18 Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 Hi! I have a set of 6.5" components from Alpine being run by an Alpine F300. On the right side it sounds louder than the left, but the left still works. I checked the resistance and re-did all of the wiring (soldering), and the resistance was okay so I don't think the voice coil went bad. On my headunit I did notice lately a problem RCA jack when I heard slight noise, whether its the cable or the jack, and I have to bend the cable a little bit for it to work. After that the noise goes away, but nevertheless the right side is ALWAYS louder. Is it possible that even when I wired the left speaker in phase, that it's naturally out of phase? I have no idea why this could happen because the crossover seems to be working okay and sound still comes out. However there is something really weird - When I use the balance function on my headunit and turn it to the right, the right speaker gets louder. But when I turn it to the left, the left speaker gets QUIETER. What do you think might be wrong with my setup? Thanks for your help.
DBz Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 Hi! I have a set of 6.5" components from Alpine being run by an Alpine F300. On the right side it sounds louder than the left, but the left still works. I checked the resistance and re-did all of the wiring (soldering), and the resistance was okay so I don't think the voice coil went bad. On my headunit I did notice lately a problem RCA jack when I heard slight noise, whether its the cable or the jack, and I have to bend the cable a little bit for it to work. After that the noise goes away, but nevertheless the right side is ALWAYS louder. Is it possible that even when I wired the left speaker in phase, that it's naturally out of phase? I have no idea why this could happen because the crossover seems to be working okay and sound still comes out. However there is something really weird - When I use the balance function on my headunit and turn it to the right, the right speaker gets louder. But when I turn it to the left, the left speaker gets QUIETER. What do you think might be wrong with my setup? Thanks for your help. thats a 4 channel? check your wiring from the amp, i had the same prob one side was a bit louder than the other...check your gains on your amp too. (2) Kicker L5 12's Alpine IDA-X305 HU Dual Optimas Big three Kenwood EQ RF Components Hifonics Brutus 1K (Subs) Alpine MRP 250 (Mids/Highs) Lots o' sound deadening
Byrne Posted January 15, 2011 Report Posted January 15, 2011 One of the speakers may be default, get someone to check it out and maybe send it back to the manufacturer to see if they can replace it. I had to do that with one of mine.
dangerick18 Posted January 16, 2011 Author Report Posted January 16, 2011 One of the speakers may be default, get someone to check it out and maybe send it back to the manufacturer to see if they can replace it. I had to do that with one of mine. ah gotchya. would the speaker react the same way with a AAA battery? thanks for the responses
raolito1980 Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 Try a different set of RCA's. They probably are bad. Let us know what you figure out. 2012 GMC SIerra CC System Build Headunit--Stock Sub Amp--DC 2.0k Subs--2-SA8v2's Enclosure--Need one made!! Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4 Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 XS Power D2400--XS D3400 No Big Three yet! http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980
skittlesRgood Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 what HU are you using? is it only with an ipod or does it do it with FM and CDs? If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
dangerick18 Posted January 17, 2011 Author Report Posted January 17, 2011 I discovered it was an RCA input on the headunit... Good thing I have an extended warranty with it (alpine cde-102). I think it all happened when I tightened some RCA's so they wouldn't slip out and one time I was rushing to plug it in forcefully and it probably broke loose a solder joint or something. I've replaced probably 4 sets of RCAs in the past 2 years thinking that was it. Turns out all of them should be okay (after I test them). That would explain all the intermittent problems and overheating with my amps (I've had to replace 1) and probably contributed to some blown speakers as well. GRR. Oh well the bright side is now I can sell all of the things that I replaced that could have never been bad in the first place.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.