4 z V.3 18s 18v and a big 4th order

how bigs the bed, you know off hand? are you facing the port to the inside of the truck?

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

how bigs the bed, you know off hand? are you facing the port to the inside of the truck?

i have an 8' bed and its about 60in wide on the inside

this is what i have come up with so far if anyone knows anything about 4th orders please tell me if i did this right its my first time designing one

167496_484762178548_545803548_6287354_2789659_n.jpg

the magnet of the subs will be in the ported part so they will be firing into the sealed part

ported through the bed

163815_484762233548_545803548_6287360_268934_n.jpg

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

as long as you got the ratios right (2:1 ?) and properly compensated for displacment of the woofers, you'll be fine. looks like a good basic bandpass design to me.

what do you mean ratios the volume of the sealed partition is the recommended size sealed from sundown and the ported partition is the recommended size as well is this wrong

if i understand this right the ported partition should be 2x's the size of the sealed? what size should the sealed partition be

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

I like it, My last bandpass played the same way and it sounds pretty good other then the Plexiglas moving, but this is all wood and firing right into the cab, I bet it's going to sound damn good

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

ok so heres the deal i really need tires so i can either take my tax return and buy a set of 22s that i will eventually buy anyway or i could buy my air setup and just get some used tires that still have life in them ..... OR i could buy used tires and buy the rest of my subs wood and a cheap amp until i can save for some sundown 2500s

Air setup, but don't forget to get it lOoking pretty on the outside

thats probably going to come this summer when i can make the trip to my moms bf's shop to do work

What Sani meant with the 2:1 ratio is the front chamber volume ratio to the rear chamber volume. Make the rear chamber to Sundown specs (about 5-6 cubes) so the front would be 10-12 cubes.

Edit: Just went back and re-read, why do you want to mount them inverted?

What Sani meant with the 2:1 ratio is the front chamber volume ratio to the rear chamber volume. Make the rear chamber to Sundown specs (about 5-6 cubes) so the front would be 10-12 cubes.

Edit: Just went back and re-read, why do you want to mount them inverted?

so the rear chamber is the sealed?

i wanted to mound them inverted so i didnt have to calculate woofer displacement in the sealed partition because im unsure of what the displacement actually is also how did you get 5-6 cubes the site says they work in .2-.3 cu ft sealed each .2*8=1.6 .3*8=2.4 so thats how i came up with 2 cu ft for the sealed

Archived