Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Great place to have Speakers/Alarm System Installed? :)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I currently follow (subscribed) Steve on YouTube, and I figured if there's any place to ask, it would be here - a place with people knowledgeable in Car Audio.

As such, I ask of a slight favor from you guys - I'm looking for a nice place to have my audio product(s) installed without necessarily breaking the bank. I already have the necessary car audio/parts, all I need is a professional to have install it for me. I have my head unit + two 10" subs along with an enclosure - I am aware of the possibility of going to Best Buy; however I was wondering if there are any alternatives that will install my equipment for not only a better price, but to also adhere to the finest standards in making sure my audio should play the way it's meant to be heard! :)

I reside in Los Angeles, and can make a reasonable commute to some of the surrounding Valley cities - as long as if it's not unreasonably far - like an hour ways away from Culver City. And as for what car I have, it's a 1996 BMW 318 Ti M Series.

Best Buy is charging approximately $200.00, and well if you're in a position such as myself, saving almost any amount of money will come in handy XD

Especially seeing as how I'm also investing in a Viper 5901 Alarm System, I'm sure the installation of that will be quite well.. heartbreaking in a way haha.

So in short, I was wondering if any of you guys know of a good place that can install not only my sound system, but my alarm system as well (including the remote start/keyless entry).

I would greatly appreciate it!

Also if you know of a place but think it's a little to far (just remember as long as you think it's reasonable and worth the commute) then feel free to post it up! :)

**I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but as aforementioned, I'm new here and I'm not sure where else I should look to for information**

Posted

why not do it yourself? we can help you every step of the way as long as you are willing to listen. itll help you save money :D and help you gain a great amount of skill and knowledge. and the pride to know you did it yourself.

Posted

Hell there's a lotta people on here from the LA area, if you don't wanna do it yourself I bet someone reputable here would do it for you. I'd do it but I live in Arizona :shrug:

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Posted

why not do it yourself? we can help you every step of the way as long as you are willing to listen. itll help you save money :D and help you gain a great amount of skill and knowledge. and the pride to know you did it yourself.

I would love to try it, but (not that I'm doubting myself), I don't have the first clue as to even go about this. As such I'm not really "car savvy" in that aspect :P

I just wouldn't want to "mess-up" and end up regretting it - I would feel a lot more comfortable having a "professional" do it. However if one can basically guide me step by step (hahaha) on how to install the system in a 1996 BMW 318 Ti M Series, then by all means I would be more than glad. However I believe the Alarm system is another story :P

Hell there's a lotta people on here from the LA area, if you don't wanna do it yourself I bet someone reputable here would do it for you. I'd do it but I live in Arizona :shrug:

haha I would imagine that - Good ol' Los Angeles! :) I also appreciate the fact that would take the time to do it for me - if you resided in Los Angeles anyways =/

As such I have no problem if you could direct me to reputable forum member!

Posted

am in the san fernando valley if u know where thats at what kind of car do u have ? everyone on here is going to tell u to do it ur self so u can learn

cowboys_logo.gif

Posted

am in the san fernando valley if u know where thats at what kind of car do u have ? everyone on here is going to tell u to do it ur self so u can learn

That's a little too far out for me man =/

However my car is a 1996 BMW 318 Ti M Series - If no one else is available, or someone else doesn't recommend a local shop, I'll definitely hit you up for more information.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7516 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...