Mechman Alternators

HELP! Brand new 270 low charging out put!!!!

just keep an eye on your voltage at start. These trucks can and will spike into the high 15's when it fires up and the MLA adds a volt. Just keep an eye on it...

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm276/trulywickedcustoms/986545dd.mp4

Some one care to enlighten me?? The voltage just got up to 15.9 on my stinger meter and I think my maxx link just blew...?? WTF man I'm sick of this shit already... Hell I could be damaging my battery....???

It's not fluctuate at all it never drops under 15 now?????? Seems high

I have never seen mine bounce like yours is though, is the MLA hooked up? Was it bouncing like that the whole time? It should just steadily drop, not drop and raise, drop and raise, like that video shows. Does yours have a negative inductive pickup (ring around the factory ground near the battery) and if so what did you do with it? I didn't see it in your builds pics.

Sucks about the maxxlink, there are other guys around here who had them blow above 15 too, I had a set of amps I used to use. 15.9 at start and pooof... On the bright side even with all the craziness with the voltage in my truck (just the normal ECU operation) my batts were always sitting at 12.8-12.9.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Just to clarify a little, I see it like this. You have one of a few options...

1) Run the extra alts isolated to the sub stage

2) Do not use a 2 plug alt as your primary and just deal with the warning light

3) Get the inductive pickup between the bus and the final grounding location

4) Leave it as is and just deal with the voltage (what I do and what everyone else does that I have talked to)

5) Try turning on the headlights (yes I know they are on already, just use the knob), I think that is the work around on 06, but some say it works and others say it doesn't. This is assuming you don't have the MLA in.

I would love to see you come up with a better solution and while it blows you lost your maxxlink, I'm glad I'm not the one trying an MLA and blowing up my stuff (my exploding gear cost me big money). Maybe between your experiences and mine we can make sure others don't run into a problem like we have. All the guys I talked to with 06+ are doing chassis grounds except Smokey, but he has a Silverado with the towing package and can turn that on to bypass economy mode in the ECU. I didn't come across anyone else doing 4kw+ except for one guy who quit car audio after blowing up 2 amps in his 08 TBSS (he grounded in the rear like I did initially).

Just watch that voltage bro, that MLA would make me extremely nervous. Talk to the guys at MLA and find out exactly how it should react, when, and how much. If the thing goes off within 10 seconds of start and there is no protection built into it, it will boost the voltage during the start mode which is B A D and could result in it boosting 15.8 volts putting you in the 16's. Again I would assume there is some kind of protection built into it, but if there isn't, stuff is going to blow up.

The bottom line is the GM ECU sucks ass and that is all there is to it <_<

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts