Sonic Electronix

Is it a bad thing when subs get warm? I have two dual 2 ohm 10" p3's wired down to 2 ohms running off a kenwood Class D mono power amp, 300w Rms at 4 ohms and 500 rms at 2 ohms. So im running about 250 rms to each sub. I have a gmc sierra with a stock alternator and piece of shit walmart battery that isn't that old. Thanks

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kenwood eXcelon 1800 watt amp

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

Boston acoustics rear speakers

alpine 4 channel

all depends on how warm they get and how long its taking. if they are definitely warm then its probably because you are clipping a little. if they are just a little over room temp. then i wouldnt worry about it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Well i live in az so its 54 degrees. I don't have a oscope or digital multimeter so i have to tune it by ear which i know isnt a good way, but its all i have for now :pardon:

The way i have them wired is

Sub 1

+ to +

- to -

Sub 2

+ to +

- to -

Then a - from one sub to a + on the other and the other + and - to the amp

Sorry if its confusing..

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

alpine 4 channel

Is it a bad thing when subs get warm? I have two dual 2 ohm 10" p3's wired down to 2 ohms running off a kenwood Class D mono power amp, 300w Rms at 4 ohms and 500 rms at 2 ohms. So im running about 250 rms to each sub. I have a gmc sierra with a stock alternator and piece of shit walmart battery that isn't that old. Thanks

How do you have it wired? You might be running it at too low an impedance, which means the amp is putting out more than 500, which will be hard on the amp and subs. If you are sure that's not the problem, I'd check your gains. What head unit are you using? and what is the output voltage of the RCA? Are you A. using gains to compensate for low input voltage? B. Using bass boost, or any type of EQ, like Ipod bass boost etc.. C.Are your ground connections good? and are you using large enough speaker wire?....All of those things can lead to a clipped signal, which will cause the VC to overheat. And what type of box are you using? make sure your enclosure is the correct size and shape, or correct tune etc... If your enclosure is too large for the subs, it will create a free-air situation, causing the sub to bottom out/over extend, which will lower it's power handling capability. Also if you are using a ported box, you may need to adjust your subsonic filter, if u have one.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Well i live in az so its 54 degrees. I don't have a oscope or digital multimeter so i have to tune it by ear which i know isnt a good way, but its all i have for now :pardon:

Sub 1

+ to +

- to -

Sub 2

+ to +

- to -

Sorry if its confusing..

That would be 2 ohm, you have it wired correctly. Do you have access to a digital multimeter? if so, you can use it to meter the output of the amp, as well as check the impedance on the subs. If one of the VC is blown, it could be shorting, lowering the impedance... The sub might still function off one VC as well. It's all things to check haha

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

How do you have it wired? You might be running it at too low an impedance, which means the amp is putting out more than 500, which will be hard on the amp and subs. If you are sure that's not the problem, I'd check your gains. What head unit are you using? and what is the output voltage of the RCA? Are you A. using gains to compensate for low input voltage? B. Using bass boost, or any type of EQ, like Ipod bass boost etc.. C.Are your ground connections good? and are you using large enough speaker wire?....All of those things can lead to a clipped signal, which will cause the VC to overheat. And what type of box are you using? make sure your enclosure is the correct size and shape, or correct tune etc... If your enclosure is too large for the subs, it will create a free-air situation, causing the sub to bottom out/over extend, which will lower it's power handling capability. Also if you are using a ported box, you may need to adjust your subsonic filter, if u have one.

Im using the kenwood excelon monitior. The preamp voltage is 2 volts. I have my ipod EQ set to hip hop. My grounds are ok. I have 18 gauge speaker wire right now because its all i have for now. I made the box myself and its about 2.25 cu ft and tuned to 34hz. The amp doesnt have a subsonic filter, but it has bass boost, low pass filter, and infrasonic filter. The amp says its 1000w peak power.

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

alpine 4 channel

Sub 1

+ to +

- to -

Sub 2

+ to +

- to -

Sorry if its confusing..

That would be 2 ohm, you have it wired correctly. Do you have access to a digital multimeter? if so, you can use it to meter the output of the amp, as well as check the impedance on the subs. If one of the VC is blown, it could be shorting, lowering the impedance... The sub might still function off one VC as well. It's all things to check haha

I might be able to go to the audio shop near my house and borrow one. To check the output of the amp do i put it on the speaker terminals? and for the impedance on the subs i put it to the terminals with the wire in them?

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

alpine 4 channel

Infrasonic filter is a sub sonic I believe. What is the low pass and bass boost at. Also if that infrasonic filter is a sub sonic do 2hz below tuning

My Input sensitivity is at 1 the minimum is 5 and max is 0.2. My LPF frequency is set to 150 Minimum is 50 max is 200. Bass boost is at 12 minimum is 0 max is 18. On my head unit i have everything set to 0.

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

alpine 4 channel

Archived