Sonic Electronix

Pretty sure its the other way around lol.

:noob: huh? this is what everything is set to.

Input sensitivity: 1

LPF frequency: 150

Bass boost: 12

???

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kenwood eXcelon 1800 watt amp

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

Boston acoustics rear speakers

alpine 4 channel

I double posted this, my bad.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Infrasonic filter is a sub sonic I believe. What is the low pass and bass boost at. Also if that infrasonic filter is a sub sonic do 2hz below tuning

My Input sensitivity is at 1 the minimum is 5 and max is 0.2. My LPF frequency is set to 150 Minimum is 50 max is 200. Bass boost is at 12 minimum is 0 max is 18. On my head unit i have everything set to 0.

First off, it's best to let your head unit do an EQing, turn off the eq on the ipod, i know it seems stupid, but an Ipod is not a good equalizer, and it's very easy for it to send clipped/dirty signals, which is always hard on a subwoofer.

Next, set your amp as follows:

1. TURN OFF BASS BOOST. Didn't mean to yell haha, but Amplifier bass boost is the #1 cause of signal clipping, and you DON'T need it. I'm almost certain this is why your subs are warming up.

2. Lower your LPF, Low pass filters, allow any frequency LOWer than it is set, to Pass, hence Low-pass. In general, bass is considered below 100hz. above that is mid-range or mid-bass. So set your low pass to about 100hz, even lower if you have a good set of midrange speakers.

3. Your input gain, should match the output of your head unit exactly. If your HU is putting out 2v, then set your gain to 2v.

Try all that, if you still have a problem, we can start trouble shooting your subs/amp with a DMM. For now i don't think u have to worry about it.

** EDIT lag double post, i'm sorry.

Also, if u match your 2v output to your 2v input gain exactly, it would mean that when your HU is ALL THE WAY up, your subs will be too. In most cases, you would want to the Subs to go ALL THE WAY UP before the HU. So maybe keep your gain to 1v like you have it... But the only way to ACCURATELY set it, is with the DMM, so if u still have issues i can go over that too.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Minimum isn't 150. 50 is. Bassboost: 12 MAX 0 minimum. The amp is reversed I'm pretty sure.

Yea i meant minimum is 50 and bass boost is 0. Should i just turn everything down and turn it up till i can find an oscope or something?

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

alpine 4 channel

Infrasonic filter is a sub sonic I believe. What is the low pass and bass boost at. Also if that infrasonic filter is a sub sonic do 2hz below tuning

My Input sensitivity is at 1 the minimum is 5 and max is 0.2. My LPF frequency is set to 150 Minimum is 50 max is 200. Bass boost is at 12 minimum is 0 max is 18. On my head unit i have everything set to 0.

First off, it's best to let your head unit do an EQing, turn off the eq on the ipod, i know it seems stupid, but an Ipod is not a good equalizer, and it's very easy for it to send clipped/dirty signals, which is always hard on a subwoofer.

Next, set your amp as follows:

1. TURN OFF BASS BOOST. Didn't mean to yell haha, but Amplifier bass boost is the #1 cause of signal clipping, and you DON'T need it. I'm almost certain this is why your subs are warming up.

2. Lower your LPF, Low pass filters, allow any frequency LOWer than it is set, to Pass, hence Low-pass. In general, bass is considered below 100hz. above that is mid-range or mid-bass. So set your low pass to about 100hz, even lower if you have a good set of midrange speakers.

3. Your input gain, should match the output of your head unit exactly. If your HU is putting out 2v, then set your gain to 2v.

Try all that, if you still have a problem, we can start trouble shooting your subs/amp with a DMM. For now i don't think u have to worry about it.

Dude your alot of freakin help!!! :yahoo:

I just traded my kenwood slim for these two p3'slike 2 days ago and i didnt wanna burn them out already. I will try all that tomorrow and see what happens.

2002 Gmc Sierra 4x4

2 10" dual 2 ohm p3's

Custom box (34hz)

Kennwood monitor

Polk Audio door speakers

Kenwood tweeters

alpine 4 channel

there you go. the gain is almost all the way up. chances are very high that you are clipping.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived