Sundown Audio

amp is having a problem.. need help

Craig28

so i took my car to get my system cleaned up a bit, and theyre all done with the system but there is NO BASS!! wtf. so i go in there and take a look at the amp, and it looks fine. it turns on and everything and it doesnt go into protect, but there is still no bass. i played around with the settings on the deck and amp, still no bass. whats the problem here??

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

What do you mean by cleaned up? Did they just work around the amp or also behind the head unit?

just have everything straightened out and screwed down better so it doesnt look so shitty. as far as i know they didnt touch the HU until the amp didnt work and then they tried a new set of RCAs and still got nothin.

TEAM DC

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

And by what you know of how everything is wired, nothing's missing? Maybe they got to a wire while screwing down? Check that the sub is turned on, on the head unit, sometimes they have that setting. See that the ground is on bare metal. Just my case when I screwed down an amp once to an mdf board the screws went past it and were touching metal so it was giving me noise that way. But, can't really say much without being there looking at it.

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

And by what you know of how everything is wired, nothing's missing? Maybe they got to a wire while screwing down? Check that the sub is turned on, on the head unit, sometimes they have that setting. See that the ground is on bare metal. Just my case when I screwed down an amp once to an mdf board the screws went past it and were touching metal so it was giving me noise that way. But, can't really say much without being there looking at it.

my deck is kinda weird, but when i turned the sub on the first day i had the deck, i couldnt turn it off. even when all the levels reset when i unhooked my batteries. i went through every setting. so the sub has to be on.

TEAM DC

are you amp is probably hooked up wrong, I hook mine up and put the negitive in the wrong spot and the woofer were moving alot but no bass, I thought I built the box wrong turned out that the speakers were hooked up wrong and once I corrected it, it was all loud

Edited by BassHead1990

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

are you amp is probably hooked up wrong, I hook mine up and put the negitive in the wrong spot and the woofer were moving alot but no bass, I thought I built the box wrong turned out that the speakers were hooked up wrong and once I corrected it, it was all loud

the only reason my woofer is barely even moving is its kinda being like a passive radiator from the speakers in the trunk

TEAM DC

Maybe pics if the amp area will help a bit better. Maybe they didn't wire in the subs at all. If you have an extra sub laying around connect it by itself with no box to see if it works. If it does then start taking out the subs from the box to check the wiring in there. Also, one time one of my subs stopped working who knows why but after I took them both out of the box and re-wired like it was it worked again. Maybe the connection was just loose.

Edited by 7jezuz7

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

Maybe pics if the amp area will help a bit better. Maybe they didn't wire in the subs at all. If you have an extra sub laying around connect it by itself with no box to see if it works. If it does then start taking out the subs from the box to check the wiring in there. Also, one time one of my subs stopped working who knows why but after I took them both out of the box and re-wired like it was it worked again. Maybe the connection was just loose.

thats kinda what i was thinking. maybe when they moved the box around one of the wires came loose. im gonna have to wait and see though because its still in their shop. they said they are gonna test my amp on their bench and if it works theyre gonna blame either the deck or the sub. ill just bring it home and rewire it.

TEAM DC

just got a call from the shop. didnt work on their bench... anyone know of a good amp repair service

TEAM DC