Memphis or Powerbass for new Components?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should I go Memphis or Powberbass for my next Component speakers?

best way to decide it to go out and listen to some. that is also LOTS of power for 4 sets of speakers. If you plan on adding more later down the road then I would say go with that much power and just set your gains low. If you are not going to upgrade later, get something with less power.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

best way to decide it to go out and listen to some. that is also LOTS of power for 4 sets of speakers. If you plan on adding more later down the road then I would say go with that much power and just set your gains low. If you are not going to upgrade later, get something with less power.

Ok, yeah, I probably won't upgrade after the new speakers and amp, I'll be focusing on what's going under the hood. i just figured from the specs that i have seen that with most of the components, the RMS seems around 60 - 8O for many, and that way i caould always get a bigger amp and not use the FULL potential of it, and hope it will last for a good while.

Edited by Perseus91

-{REED}-

Ok, yeah, I probably won't upgrade after the new speakers and amp, I'll be focusing on what's going under the hood. i just figured from the specs that i have seen that with most of the components, the RMS seems around 60-80 for many, and that way i caould always get a bigger amp and not use the FULL potential of it, and hope it will last for a good while.

You will be running an amp at 4 ohms, shouldn't be a strain on the amp at all. If it is, get a better amp. A good 100x4 amp will run 4 sets of components just fine.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Ok, yeah, I probably won't upgrade after the new speakers and amp, I'll be focusing on what's going under the hood. i just figured from the specs that i have seen that with most of the components, the RMS seems around 60-80 for many, and that way i caould always get a bigger amp and not use the FULL potential of it, and hope it will last for a good while.

You will be running an amp at 4 ohms, shouldn't be a strain on the amp at all. If it is, get a better amp. A good 100x4 amp will run 4 sets of components just fine.

Ok cool, i'll deff take that into consideration. Thanks

-{REED}-

yeah, i would match um up

Vehicle: 1996 Chevy Prizm

Amplifiers: Dual Xpa6100(Sub)

Enclosure: BassWorks 2.5ish sealed

Mids/Highs: Polk 6.5"s and polk 4"s

Subwoofers: RockFord Fosgate 15"

Wire:8gauge

Future Upgrades:Amp, another 15" , Big #

Yeah, i'm already running 5 different brands, but ideally it would be nice to run all of the same stuff...hope for a sponsorship i guess haha

not even worth worrying about.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69