Second Skin Audio

2001 tahoe 6 12's box design?

dallasjd

the comps are worse subs for lows then comp vr's

I dont see your point....hopefully when you do designs for people your knowledge is a little better then that.

I've done a TON of box designs as well, kicker comps and comp vrs point blank suck ass in that range

Just going off of provided t/s parameters when comparing the subs. CVRs have a higher qts and lower EBP value, making them better sealed box subs. Unless the specs provided are incorrect...I've only messed with the Comps in a sealed box, and they were horrible with pretty bad low-end. This would solidify the assumption based on the t/s that they are better suited for ported enclosures. And if a sub sucks at extending low, what makes you think it's going to do a better job in a higher tuned box? It's not; there's simply going to be a larger peak further up in the response curve and inferior low-end extension compared to the lower tuned box.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

so he said the the CVR wont love the low end, and the comp is the cheaper sub, it prob will do worse on the low end then the CVR which he said...

the quality goes down the lower the line you go on kicker... so technically, by default, what he said is still true....

Depends entirely on the woofers themselves. Some are just better suited for certain applications than others. Just because a sub is cheaper does not automatically mean you're going to get worse low-end. Take for example Fi, RD, DD, Mach 5, etc. that have cheaper, lower powered woofers that can be better low-end monsters(frequency curve wise, not based on overall spl), than their more expensive, more spl based brothers.

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

Now were talking.

Ebp says a lot about the sub.........

What says even more about how a certain sub acts in a particular vehicle is my database.

Go check it out man.. Its in the subwoofer/enclosure section.

I just know that sub would suck balls tuned low and fired up compared to tuned to 39 firing back.

Its the difference between book smart and actual real world knowledge.

I see you know about design, and understand the paperwork side of it.

Go check out my thread and see some neat results.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I just know that sub would suck balls tuned low and fired up compared to tuned to 39 firing back.

Since he can't fire the subs and port to the rear(without seriously going above the window line to get enough baffle area), let's focus on what he can do firing up. Also, did you try them tuned low and firing back as well, or not?

Just checked the thread...I see no Kicker Comps in there. Just CVR's in a Chevy truck...maybe I missed them?

They fit firing back.

So either run 6 in some fucked up .. Upfire box, or run 4 and be louder.

If someone cant figure out how to fit 6 on that plane, then I would tell them just do 4 back.

6 13" circles fit on a 49.5x22 panel..

Although I would rather see them in a slight v shape.

Or save the room, run 4 in a bigger box and have a lower f3 point.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Or I don't know what I'm talking about..

You should build the box for 6 firing up port back and tune it low..

Make sure to post numbers when you finish.

I'll keep an eye on your build, cant wait to see it.

If someone cant figure out how to fit 6 on that plane, then I would tell them just do 4 back.

6 13" circles fit on a 49.5x22 panel..

Although I would rather see them in a slight v shape.

You forgot about the port. And I don't believe the 2000-2006 model Tahoe has 49.5" wide to work with, just barely over 48", maybe 48.5" if I remember correctly(just measured the other day).

I own 1

Have faith grasshopper

Ive built a couple of boxes in this body style

wow thanks for all the input still confused as hell but hopefully i'll start the build sometime this weekend or early next week so you guys be the judge option

1. subs facing rear of truck 2 ports towards the rear of the box "towards the front of truck" facing the sides

2. subs facing rear port up

3. subs up port to the rear

4. subs up port up?

Archived