How to fiberglass my door panels with ideas.

Hey guy i have a 98 jeep grand cherokee and i want to fiber glass my doors so i can put 2 6.5" mid bass drivers. i never did fiberglassing before so i need to learn. if there anyone who is willing to give me a tutorial on how to do car doors let me know. thanks. im apsolutly clueless and how to star and wat to do. all i know is to cut out holes from wood and stick it up abit and then glue it down and put a blanket of some sort to shape it. let me know please:)

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

i know this isn't the exact explanation you wanted but it will help

Thread link....

He makes a base mold of the panel first so it can be removed and trimmed up.

then the driver can be positioned and you can wrap the entire thing at once and bolt it in place.

My recomendation is to cut a little hole in the panel first for the driver to sit in so it doesn't stick up as much. and make the base mold go in the hole enough to keep it all sealed or cut the hole back out and leave it open if your sound dampening the door. Tape the panel off first though so it won't stick to it. and wear gloves :drinks:

Use a stretchy cloth for the wrap. and chop strand mat for the layup... do it at least 3 good layers thick if not more and be careful about sanding the edges to thin.

You can also youtube it and watch vids to see the process also. Hope this helps... i've done a little bit of glassing but i'm no pro by any means but once you get into it it's not hard just takes patience. Practice making something first so you don't get discouraged if you mess up the pod the first time.

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\