Second Skin Audio

dual ports

jsawdy212

I'm building a box for my buddy's l7 for a single cab truck. Were running two ports the port calculator said it should be 40 inches long so would you divide by 2 and each port is 20 inches long? Thank in advance

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

i heard if you run more than 1 port then it'll be (like making a noise?) i completely forget but i heard for some reason that it's not as good as running just 1 port, is this true? (not telling you what to do im just curious for my own build)

Theoretically a single port is more efficient. This is partially because you have the same amount of port area as the two smaller ports, but you don't have as much surface area inside the port to cause drag on the air moving in and out of the port. I'm sure if you make the ports big enough there won't be a noticeable difference to your ears.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

we went with a single 8 inch quikcreat port. Tuned at 30 I should have pictures soon I'm on my phone right now.

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

Archived