DC Sound Lab

DC Amp Internals

Could just be a mental thing, but the dual inputs make me feel better trying to supply an amplifier with enough current to produce 4k. I'm not arguing with you, but why do people spend money to get adapters made to feed single input amps such as Crescendo's more than one run of cable?

I've been in the market for the newer style AQ3500d for a bit until I heard of DC's new line of amplifiers coming out, and they use dual inputs for their 4,300 @ 14.4V. Does that just make the second set of inputs a waste of spare cash for no real performance gain?

I'm not doubting the amplifier's ability to do rated, just so you are aware. Just curious.

Maybe the DC amp doesn't make enough power to call for them...

I'm sure their was reasoning behind it.

I'm not sure it, as they are not my amps. I don't know the cost/performance difference.

But I hope it was tested.

they most likely make the power with no problem. i ran my AQs 3500D.1s on 1 set of terminals for MECA to lower my class and i lost absolutely no performance out of them. i don't see them not being able to make the power

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

im tearing my hair out over getting a pair of 5ks

do it yo :D

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Could just be a mental thing, but the dual inputs make me feel better trying to supply an amplifier with enough current to produce 4k. I'm not arguing with you, but why do people spend money to get adapters made to feed single input amps such as Crescendo's more than one run of cable?

I've been in the market for the newer style AQ3500d for a bit until I heard of DC's new line of amplifiers coming out, and they use dual inputs for their 4,300 @ 14.4V. Does that just make the second set of inputs a waste of spare cash for no real performance gain?

I'm not doubting the amplifier's ability to do rated, just so you are aware. Just curious.

Maybe the DC amp doesn't make enough power to call for them...

I'm sure their was reasoning behind it.

I'm not sure it, as they are not my amps. I don't know the cost/performance difference.

But I hope it was tested.

they most likely make the power with no problem. i ran my AQs 3500D.1s on 1 set of terminals for MECA to lower my class and i lost absolutely no performance out of them. i don't see them not being able to make the power

Was the wire a short run to a bank of batteries? Or from the front battery?

I would assume MOST people who run an amp as powerful as the AQ3500D would be smart enough to have an aux battery right by the amp. Which is why I don't see the DC amp having a problem with just one set of inputs. If somebody really does just try to run all of that off a single starting battery, they've got other issues to worry about than not getting all the power that they can out of their amp lol :P

2006 Mustang GT

Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods:Too many to list...

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L

Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods: Coming Soon

What if I have two alternators and two batteries up front? Do I need a battery in the rear just cause my amp only has one set of input terminals?

You don't need a bank of batteries for 1 3.5k amp. In most cases a good H/O and a decent battery upfront will handle 4k plus...

So what's your point? You calling people stupid who actually have multiple alternators instead of batteries?

:peepwall:4 of the 5k's in the zx3 with some lvl 4 18 with lvl 5 coils :peepwall:

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.