help me get a second alt in here

ah, good tip. but what about the tensioner? should i go past it or do i need to find a way to keep it tensioned while i tape it?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

The 3.6 Malibu has the alt in back, like your picture shows. I believe the 38006 is 76mm od, there are other sizes you could get too it's just an easy size to work with. Also most part stores don't like to or know how to search for pulleys by size <_< .

Keep the tensioner as tight as possible while figuring the way you're running things, because while you don't want it running that way- you want a little play- you'll find once you put the belt on it will give a little. I would get the 2 belt sizes I mentioned and move your idler pulley until you get the desired tension- it's MUCH easier to work with a belt than tape or string etc that wont line up the same. Return the one you don't need and call it a day.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

there is another guy on here with the same car with the 3.6l and the alt is in the front. :shrug: made me jealous lol.

i dont have 6-7 inches to put 2 pulleys in that spot so ill look at other options today. im thinking of bringing the belt up over the coolant pump(?). i just need an idler above the ac pump to clear a pipe. we will see.

gotta get my fabricator to get off his broken butt to look at it :rofl:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived