help me get a second alt in here

ok, ive been thinking of one spot to fit an alt bout it would be REALLY hard to get one to fit. then today i realized... why not see if it'll just fit on top? well, it does lol. the hood clears. so all i really need to do is rout the belt and make sure i can use the bolts already on the engine. but i dont do metal work so i just need some expert advice.

where it'll go.

DSC00507.jpg

hmm... this one seems to have been flipped upside down lol. any bolts i should not use to hold the alt here?

DSC00508.jpg

now where this idler pulley is i want to take it out and put 2 smaller ones in. this should give a little better belt wrap on the stock alt location too.

DSC00509.jpg

sorry all the wires are in the way.

DSC00510.jpg

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

can i just do 2 supports for the alt or do i need 3?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

two strong one's would work. Just make sure whatever the mount's/supports won't bend or warp when you put tension on the belt

it sounds like we will be using 3/8" aluminum. one bolt will be the silver one with the ball on top. its got a black rounded bracket that is holding the stock alt on. the other one i was thinking the bolt on the top middle of pic 2. the alt is covering it in pic 1. just going to do a 90* from that bolt straight up. then i can use spacers to move the alt left and right to align with the belt.

how's that sound?

If you're using an existing bolt you will need to get a longer one. If the bolt needs to go through the alt mount it would need to be that much longer to reach where it needs to go

well of course lol. ill go .5" longer on the bolts. after 3/8" and a washer it should fit nicely.

kyle, i see you in here lol. i was trying to call rob about this earlier today. left him a message. we talked before about sending me an alt case so i could make a bracket for it. i think im about ready to do that.

ok, well i just made some cardboard brackets. ill have 3 anchor points. the hard part is the belt. its tucked in the back and i cant really see it. what is the smallest idler pulley i can get? i tried looking them up but they dont tell you a diameter, just the car it fits.

I would help you but, "kids these days are just... well... fucked up."

Nah, I'm just messin around with ya lol. Idk if this'll help, but I thought I might as well give it a shot

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQBuickQQRendezvousQQGatesQQAccessory_Belt_Idler_PulleyQQ20022007QQGAT38009.html

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

fucking kids giving out useless information

:friends:

lol i dont know what that V pulley is supposed to go to. the other idler pulleys below it dont tell me diameter. those are the ones i need, if they are small enough.

The diameter is on that page.

GATES DRIVEALIGN IDLER PULLEY -- 76 mm outside diameter, 25 mm width,

Idk about the V pulley either. I know the basics about alts, but don't know what all the parts for it are.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived