err...I thought 3 GHz was 3 GHz? Kinda like a pound of rocks and feathers? I'm shitting you. They do have certain things they do differently. I believe AMDs are better with things like music and video editing and Intel do everything else better like gaming. I would be weary of newer Intel processors thou. They are hardwiring them to somehow stop you from doing things like copying streaming video/music and such. You shouldn't do it anyway, but I feel like they are invading privacy and trying to control you

Not true... Intel has installed a safety parameter on they're new sandy bridge line of processors that only keeps you from pirating content from they're movie service that is soon to launch. It does not keep you from downloading/pirating stuff from other sites. HERE is a link to a dicussion on another forum about this technology. That being said intel's new sandy bridge processors are beasts at overclocking. The "k" series can easily reach 5ghz on air cooling alone. Newegg sell the lowest model of the "k" series for $229 plus shipping and I think that's one hell of a deal if you want top of the line.

Edited by 89capricebass

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

i have another dumb question i think i understand but im just making sure say i have a core 2 due 1.8 now is that equal to a single 3.2 like if i have a quad core 3.0 thats 12.0 is my thinking wrong or?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Amd=Budget processor, Intel=no budget you want all the performance you can get.

That's how I look at it.

And no you don't do that, if it says 3ghz it's 3 ghz.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

that doesnt make sence then so a single core 3.0 and a quad core 3.0 would be the same speed?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

that doesnt make sence then so a single core 3.0 and a quad core 3.0 would be the same speed?

The speed doesn't make the difference, its the cores, if you went from a dual to a quad you will have more threads to go on and it will be faster, if you overclock you will notice a bit of a difference but usually only on benchmarks.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

funny thing, i had a conversation about this same thing in college today, lol

im buil;ding some computers for some friends at school and i was explaining various brands to them and what they can expect

The speed doesn't make the difference, its the cores, if you went from a dual to a quad you will have more threads to go on and it will be faster, if you overclock you will notice a bit of a difference but usually only on benchmarks.

You nicely put that. AMD is now starting to blow out Intels, but its with their new octo-core processor. When Intel drops their, they're in the whole again. The octo is all the rev in gaming communities.

Edited by ChampN252

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX