now ik amd rates there processors differnt then intel so im looking at a quad core amd 3.0 that isnt the same as a quad core intel 3.0 right im asking becouse ive only used intel so im trying to get an idea how much of a differnce an amd quad 3.0 would be from intel

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

im not a computer guy but we use all intel in the product we make at work. must be a good product if we trust them in million dollar products. lol

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

err...I thought 3 GHz was 3 GHz? Kinda like a pound of rocks and feathers? I'm shitting you. They do have certain things they do differently. I believe AMDs are better with things like music and video editing and Intel do everything else better like gaming. I would be weary of newer Intel processors thou. They are hardwiring them to somehow stop you from doing things like copying streaming video/music and such. You shouldn't do it anyway, but I feel like they are invading privacy and trying to control you.

Edited by ChampN252

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

the rating thing mainly applied to older gen cpus, because amd ran at a higher fsb (front-side bus) than intel normally, but intels base processing speed was normally higher, however they did away with fsb so now the major difference is the way they use their L2/L3 cache

besides of course price

in most things you get what you pay for, however it does mean as much here as it would for choosing something like subwoofer brands, because there is basically only 2 cpu manufacturers amd and intel, there are other ones but their market share is so insignificant its not worth bothering with

as i am sure you have seen if you have checked prices, most of the time intel runs a lot more expensive, its normally the first to make the new technology though as well as normally having higher capable speeds

amd gears their stuff towards the poorer market, although their cpus are good too, they too have some higher end one

performance wise, most people will not tell much difference with similar rated cpu's, they are bench mark tests that show side by side results, but for the typical end user they wont notice, because the difference is normally just a few seconds

they both also do turbo (overclocking) differently, of course this has the chance of reducing the lifespan of the processor, some of the newer intels will auto-turbo if there is a greater load on the cpu rather than letting someone overclock it manually, even though there are ways around it

last i checked amd had a 6 core processor out, however intels similarly priced quad core was actually faster, now you still need to take into account that 6 cores doing the same work as 4 cores can get the job done easier, however overall speed and efficiency still play a big role, basically for 20 dollars more you could have a faster intel processor

there are people who claim horror stories with both brands, but those stories normally end up being very minimal in occurrence, its not like subs where their are companies that always produce what most think is crap, both brands hold up well

i use intel in my laptop and amd in my desktop, not for any reason mainly just i got a good deal, if i was on a budget amd is def the way to go, you sacrifice some performance based on which cpu you get, but most intel cpus are much more expensive than amd

another thing to think about, amd had a 4 core processor which thanks to the mass production place, had a failed core, so they decided, well we should just focus these towards a new market as 3 core processors, which does fill a gap for those who want better than 2 but cant afford 4 core cpus, great marketing, turning something bad into a new market, but what to think about here is also, has intel ever had a mass cpu or core failure, not really

another thing to look at is the transistor size, smaller the transistors the faster the cpu can work, the newer intel i5 and i3 cpus have 32nm processes im not sure if they added that to the i7 or not, but that means each physical process form transistor to transistor is .000000032 of a meter wide, you can fit tons of these on the end of a hair, lol

i think last i saw amd had 45nm process, but its been 6months since i looked and 6 months is the transition point for most electronic technology

in the end is basically falls to preference and cost

personally if i can afford it ill get an intel, granted it will perform better than a similar priced amd, there are many specs to look at

however the last time i planned on custom building a computer i did have an amd picked out for my cpu, but i havent actually built that laptop, il be building it next month, so i will have to check and see where they are both standing on various factors for myself to decide

also: based on video card preference, amd typically works with ati and intel typically works with nvidia,to be honest ive never bothered to try cross platform, but i know i prefer nvidia for cards, but again its the same story with intel and amd, all about price vs cost and performance

Edited by kynto

Long story short, unless you're going for one hell of a computer with high end games are coding programs, the amd will do fine. If you want to spend a tad more, id highly suggest a i7 960. You can pick them up for $250 new and they stomp the amds (even their 6 core) in anything more then basic. You'll notice an increase with even bootup being faster, and they ate overclocking monsters.

My 0.2 cents.

Personally I have had AMD failures. 0 intel failures and right now I have 5 computers running intel one AMD which is the one I had fail after only a couple months. with hyper threading and turbo boost you get a little more out of your intel. Intel having the smaller nm chips also helps them run cooler. Old AMD users know this.

Edited by BulletInjection

this is like the DC vs sundown for nerds.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.