Sonic Electronix

Amp blew, and I don't know why.... HELP. I don't want this to happen to the new one...

If you got to 40 then that would be 1600 watts, but that has nothing to do with the amp blowing. You should have been looking for around 33.5 volts for 1 ohm, if you where looking for 1100 watts. But I have heard of amps blowing during testing with no load connected to set gains, usually means that something is just defective, weak parts. Clipping wouldn't hurt the amp unless there was load connected.

time to send the amp to dbr. shoud be about 200 including the cost of shipping both ways

Start with everything at min for the next one, just keep the hu volume the same and make sure all of you hu setting are set, like sub boost.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

If you got to 40 then that would be 1600 watts, but that has nothing to do with the amp blowing. You should have been looking for around 33.5 volts for 1 ohm, if you where looking for 1100 watts. But I have heard of amps blowing during testing with no load connected to set gains, usually means that something is just defective, weak parts. Clipping wouldn't hurt the amp unless there was load connected.

time to send the amp to dbr. shoud be about 200 including the cost of shipping both ways

Dbr? And the amps under warranty. Besides, the amp new is like 180.99. I sent it to soundstream. i'll hear what they have to say about the coverage on it. it IS under warranty, i've only had it 1 month of the year. but i don't know if they'll cover it.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Start with everything at min for the next one, just keep the hu volume the same and make sure all of you hu setting are set, like sub boost.

Will do. I NEVER use bass boost on my HU or ipod.. so that should be alright... I'll double check my actual Eq too, but i'm pretty sure it's fine.. Should i do this with the bass knob/remote gain knob connected or not? If i disconnect it it's the same as if it was all the way up? and it's a bass knob for the amp, not one of the RCA ones..

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Dbr? And the amps under warranty. Besides, the amp new is like 180.99. I sent it to soundstream. i'll hear what they have to say about the coverage on it. it IS under warranty, i've only had it 1 month of the year. but i don't know if they'll cover it.

ya dbr. they are an amp repair company that has a very good reputaion. if its under waranty then they SHOULD fix it

or send you a brand new one of the latest model. thats what kicker and fosgate does if you blow their woofers and its

still under warranty.

ya dbr. they are an amp repair company that has a very good reputaion. if its under waranty then they SHOULD fix it

or send you a brand new one of the latest model. thats what kicker and fosgate does if you blow their woofers and its

still under warranty.

I hope they fix it. And ya, i'll keep repairs in mind for the future, but for now, it'd be cheaper to buy another one that get repaired if it was 200. Doesn't matter right now anyway, i still have to give Soundstream a call and see if they've processed it yet. The UPS tracking said it just got there today. So i'll give them till tuesday or wednesday and call them.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Will do. I NEVER use bass boost on my HU or ipod.. so that should be alright... I'll double check my actual Eq too, but i'm pretty sure it's fine.. Should i do this with the bass knob/remote gain knob connected or not? If i disconnect it it's the same as if it was all the way up? and it's a bass knob for the amp, not one of the RCA ones..

I would adjust with the gain knob if you are gonna use if not then just on the amp. If disconnected it should be whatever the gain is set on the amp, most likely it is a fine adjustment to the actually gain on the amp, but ask them on that one.

Edited by AMI CUSTOMS

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

I'm no professional, but I dont think it's the best idea to ground it to the battery. Might be a decent idea to ground closer to the amp.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

I'm no professional, but I dont think it's the best idea to ground it to the battery. Might be a decent idea to ground closer to the amp.

The battery is in the trunk. The diagram shows pretty much where everything is placed. my amp's ground wire is like 10 inches long. and the 0 AWG from that bolt to the battery is like 6 inches long.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!