Sonic Electronix

Amp blew, and I don't know why.... HELP. I don't want this to happen to the new one...

i just got the same amp :clapping: pushing my splx 15 and it gose hard for what it is..

but yeh i had the lil wonder amp 1700d..and it blew without any gain tuning it was sit right at bottom and just head unit going up it blew something before something else..makeing the sub pop and i was fumeing but soundstream gave me the DTR (supose to be better)

maybe same thing happend mine lastest 15 seconds on music BUT i had a shop doin it (with me watching) that way always warenty :yahoo:

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

i just got the same amp :clapping: pushing my splx 15 and it gose hard for what it is..

but yeh i had the lil wonder amp 1700d..and it blew without any gain tuning it was sit right at bottom and just head unit going up it blew something before something else..makeing the sub pop and i was fumeing but soundstream gave me the DTR (supose to be better)

maybe same thing happend mine lastest 15 seconds on music BUT i had a shop doin it (with me watching) that way always warenty :yahoo:

That is EXACTLY what happened, blew for no reason. about 30 seconds into a song... And i know right? I love these amps! 1700 RMS for $200 :drink40:

I'm waiting on warranty info/repair status, but it should be warrantied. I didn't do anything wrong, and as for the shop install thing, I'm MECP certified, so if the local shop counts for the warranty, i should too :P

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

200!?!?!

shit in aus i got it for 700 AND that was cheap as possible..supose shipping was more and less companys here ect

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

200!?!?!

shit in aus i got it for 700 AND that was cheap as possible..supose shipping was more and less companys here ect

Shit! you had to pay $700?? for the DTR 1700 ??

http://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-DTR1-1700-MonoBlock-D-Tower-Amplifier/dp/B002494IW6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1296550048&sr=8-3

^^ that one??

DAMN man, wait, 700 US dollars? or pounds? or do you guys have your own money? sorry if that's a stupid ass question...

Edited by osamio

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

aus dollas..

it like rite now worth 98 usa cents per our doller (few weeks ago ours was in front and worth more)

burp setup for fun 152's

aus dollas..

it like rite now worth 98 usa cents per our doller (few weeks ago ours was in front and worth more)

Damn! i can't believe u had to pay that much, can't you order it on line?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

well shipping expensive...and they will reject warrenty nomatter who sent it..and taxs my country a cunt..

to ship say a dc xl i was quoted $600..just shipping

soundstream 4000d was $1500..

burp setup for fun 152's

well shipping expensive...and they will reject warrenty nomatter who sent it..and taxs my country a cunt..

to ship say a dc xl i was quoted $600..just shipping

soundstream 4000d was $1500..

Damn, that's too bad. Makes it hard to build a system...well, expensive at least...

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

put this way..a single 15" sub box..built for you is $500..tune an amp is $50..

i ended up geting soundstreams prefab box for the splx it dose good on high notes 40hz and up but thats all i want from this setup..normally i build box's but i tend to not mesure right and strugled build in trunk with the room i have lol plus drinking dont help..but i wanna do a wall one day..so far 30grand just for subs n amps..

but ill buy it as cheap as possible or try sponsor

burp setup for fun 152's

put this way..a single 15" sub box..built for you is $500..tune an amp is $50..

i ended up geting soundstreams prefab box for the splx it dose good on high notes 40hz and up but thats all i want from this setup..normally i build box's but i tend to not mesure right and strugled build in trunk with the room i have lol plus drinking dont help..but i wanna do a wall one day..so far 30grand just for subs n amps..

but ill buy it as cheap as possible or try sponsor

Ya, maybe you'll have a good shot at a sponaor or something because of your situation, like, there can't be that many australians with SPL setups, or really high end installations, if it's THAT expensive..

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!