Second Skin Audio

what sounds better?

I'm building a box for 2 re mt 18's box dimensions are 44 width 23 height and 23 depth and I want to do a 5 inch port

If you're talking aero you're not gonna have anywhere close to enough port area. if you're talking across the bottom, yes, anywhere else, prolly not, you'll need more

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Why just 44" wide? IIRC you should have 4ft between the wheel wells. And 44"x23"x23", assuming you're using 3/4" MDF and no double baffle, gives you 11.37ft^3 before any sub/port/bracing displacement...simply not enough air space for the subs once it's all said and done. A proper slot port in this situation will take up about 2-2.5ft^3 on it's own. Then factor in sub and bracing displacement and you're easily looking at ~8.5ft^3 for both subs.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

So how many ft^3 for each sub would u recomend and how big of a port

Depends on what kind of power you have available. 6ft^3 each is common, you can cut down a little if using a common chamber for both subs...say 11ft^3 total for both. If you're limited on power you would want to go with a larger box for more efficiency. I wouldn't run less than 1500-2kw to each, and hopefully your electrical system is upgraded to handle that kind of power.

Use about 80in^2 to 100in^2 of port per sub, 180-200in^2 for both would be ideal without need a really long port, assuming tuning in the 32-35hz range.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...