Second Skin Audio

Fi sp4 18 box suggestions

Keveeno

Looking to build a custom box for my fi sp4 18. Any suggestions for a good box or even specs for that matter? Ported, 4th order, 6th order, etc? What are your thoughts on tuning as well? Was thinking of 31 or 32ish hz.

I have mine in 7.2 cubes tuned to 30hz an it slams!! Loves the lows. Have the sub on about 2k or so of power. Moves A LOT of air

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Looking to build a custom box for my fi sp4 18. Any suggestions for a good box or even specs for that matter? Ported, 4th order, 6th order, etc? What are your thoughts on tuning as well? Was thinking of 31 or 32ish hz.

Post max dims for a box, vehicle and amp models.

Post max dims for a box, vehicle and amp models.

total maximum available outside dimensions for a regular square box is 39.5" wide, wanna stay no taller than 20.5" but I can go 23" tall, and 24" deep. The depth of the box can be the last variable to play with. Isuzu rodeo LS. Amp is an aq3500d that will be run at 1 ohm (4300 rms). The amp will probably be clapped at 3500 rms.

Barely enough space for a ported box, regarding your dimensions is 24 deep right against the rear gate? or you have left some space, if so, what's the length?

im pretty sure the depth can go to 27 inches max but that would make it flush with the back door. So to answer your question 3".

The SP4 can run in a small box and sound great. 5 cuft net is enough.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived