Build Help and Thoughts

Alright. I need a some thoughts guys. I'm currently planning to wall off the back half of my 94' S10. Here's my thought. I have a box designed, but haven't put it into play yet.

Here's my build list:

SKY HIGH CAR AUDIO:

4 Pairs of the 1/0 6 input Set terminals.

4 ANL Fuse Holders (Ring Style)

4 ANL Fuses (250a)

1 500ft. Roll of Blue Primary Wire 12g

2 50ft. Rolls of 1/0 OFC Power/Ground wire (Blue)

1 50ft. Roll of 8g AWG OFC Speaker Wire

10 pack of 1/0 Lugs (Blue/White)

A Mini Bulk Pack of the sound deadener (I might need that)

DC SOUNDLAB:

4 DC LVL 5 15's

2 DC 5.0k Amps

XS POWER

4 XS D3100's

And other various odds and ends.

I want to know what your guy's thoughts would be on box ideas, mounting, all sorts of things. This is going to be the biggest and most expensive build I've ever done. I'm really excited to get 5 his going, but I'd rather have some good planning before hand. Thanks everyone.

Can't tell from the pics, but if you're already designed the enclosure to max outside dimensions, you need to heavily consider double and triple layering the inside (at least the front baffle, lots of bracing) and think about whether or not you'll still have enough net airspace to run those Level 5's the way you want to. You may have already considered this, I just can't really tell from the pic.

You planning on an alternator upgrade, or just going to try and run a pair of 5K's off batts?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Looking to upgrade the alternator to a DC Power 300. The face will be 2" thick when finished. Floor and back wall as well. I haven't put the baffle into much consideration yet, but more than likely going to go with something a little different. I'll post a picture when I have it rendered. I should have just enough space to do it. Maybe an hour or so on that render.

I would run 8 batts and look into dual alts

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

• 3 weeks later...

Archived