Second Skin Audio

Port tuning outside the box?

I am getting ready to put a system in the 2000 Monte Carlo I have I and I would like to know when porting if the port has to be inside the box. I would like to build the box and port it through the rear deck. I guess I was thinking that if I can port it into the vehicle cabin I can move more air... Subs firing back into the trunk with port up through the rear deck.

Any input for a 2000 Monte Carlo design appreciated :)

what is the best configuration for this type of car?

Yes you can do it- just make sure to calculate the volume of the port within the box as a solid object that reduces internal volume.

As far as phase- i've done this setup once in a Corolla and i think it sounded great- if your seats fold down i'd do either sub port back or fire them both forward and seal it off from the trunk

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Yes you can do it- just make sure to calculate the volume of the port within the box as a solid object that reduces internal volume.

As far as phase- i've done this setup once in a Corolla and i think it sounded great- if your seats fold down i'd do either sub port back or fire them both forward and seal it off from the trunk

-Drew

so if I want the whole port outside the box I would just tune it using the whole internal volume of the box (of course sub displacement and bracing).. there would be no port displacement?

hey thats cool as hell! anybody else have more pics of this being done?

how would subs up and port through the back dash sound?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?