Sundown Audio

my amp turns on whn the car is on but no remote wire hooked up

lancesuer

anyone please you need to help me out i just installed a new amp using the same wire and everything i just disconnected the old one and put the new on in and it weird cause i wired a switch first amp threw the remote wire and when i connected the new amp i noticed my switch was not working so i disconnected the remote wire from the amp and the amp was still on i need to know what was going on so if you can give me any sigestions that would be helpful thanks. by the way i went from a mtx amp to a mtx amp

i had the same issue with my mtx amp, mine is a Thunder Elite TE1501D. It lit up with the signal wire out, does your amp send signal through it to the speakers with the signal wire out still?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

do u have rcas goint to the amp or high level input's?

cause mtx has inteli somethin that cuts the amp on n off with the high level input so u dont halfto run a remote wire n what knot n still use factory stereo

but if u dont use high level inputs i unno if they changed it to work the same with new amps or not

what mtx amp do u have?

and how do u have it hooked up?

do u have the remote wire going to the acc wire if u got a factory stereo or do u have an aftermarket deck?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

A strand or two of wire from the battery into the remote wire terminal is enough to turn on the amp. Make sure all the strands of power wire are in the power terminal.

X222

i had this happen to me too turns out the epicenters wires were touching which in turn casued the amp to stay on.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

this isn't english class

Not to bash MTX because they have great products, if it's an amp with the x1/x10 button on it, probably the worst design ever. Yes it adds options to wiring and tuning, but i think it is far too much to go wrong.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Ok so i kind of gettoed my set up i have an mtx road thunder rt2200 i have to 10" kenwood subs and a stock head unit ok so sence i cant run rcas im split the connection from one of the componet speakers to the high level imputs on the amp for my remote wire i wired it up to the ignition fuse under the dash and i split the wire and put a switch so i can turn on and off the amp but yeah ever sence i noticed this problem two days ok i dont have to use the switch i just want to know if there is anything i can do about it.. oh and keep in mind the my other amp that i was using, also a mtx i think that was just a thunder something any i had the remote wire to this and it worked fine i just switched out amps cause the road thunder has more watts.

Ok so i kind of gettoed my set up i have an mtx road thunder rt2200 i have to 10" kenwood subs and a stock head unit ok so sence i cant run rcas im split the connection from one of the componet speakers to the high level imputs on the amp for my remote wire i wired it up to the ignition fuse under the dash and i split the wire and put a switch so i can turn on and off the amp but yeah ever sence i noticed this problem two days ok i dont have to use the switch i just want to know if there is anything i can do about it.. oh and keep in mind the my other amp that i was using, also a mtx i think that was just a thunder something any i had the remote wire to this and it worked fine i just switched out amps cause the road thunder has more watts.

2zzrpeh.jpg

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

hahahah nvm i found out the problem it turns out that when you connect it through the high level inputs it automaticly turn the amp on now is there any way i can cut some rcas and splice them in to the wire i have runing to the high inputs and plug it into the the rcas on the amp or will that not work

Archived