Sonic Electronix

I don't know exactly what you're asking but...I just keep mine off. There was a thread on here a week ago or so, a dude was asking why he was clipping so badly. Ends up his iPod had bass booster EQ selected, and causing him to extremely clip. I'd just keep it set off.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I don't know exactly what you're asking but...I just keep mine off. There was a thread on here a week ago or so, a dude was asking why he was clipping so badly. Ends up his iPod had bass booster EQ selected, and causing him to extremely clip. I'd just keep it set off.

I'm asking the difference between it off and with it on what the wave looks like...

I've had it on my whole time having a system because I always had my amp tuned with it on but I turned it off tonight and my sub is just as loud and my mids and highs sound WAY cleaner than before, so I was curious if it DOES in fact clip your signal

I never had to bad of a problem with stinky subs since I got my amp oscoped so its not like I was clipping them

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Pretty sure the line-out on the iPod (via dock connector) bypasses the EQ. Might be wrong though.

I would have to agree with that...

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

i think ipods start to clip at like 80% volume with no eq. not 100% sure.

on a straight 50hz note, my 1st gen nano clips the signal at about 95% volume. so i locked it at that.

all great help! :good:

Boon.. I thought the same thing until I was using my iPod in RedNavi's truck off the mini jack which IS effected by the EQ so I turned the bass booster off (I normally have it on in my car)

he was done giving demos so I go back to my car and go get some gas and notice my system is not loud at all so I was thinking damn was he really slammin that much louder than me that I don't think mine is loud anymore.. remembered I turned bass booster off so I turned it back on and all normal again slammin away

maybe its the deck? Alpine CDA-9884

whats even more confusing is just last night I turned it off and some songs it won't slam as hard but others are just as loud if not louder than when I had bass booster on

:unknw:

any more thoughts?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Guest DC Power Kyle

ipod%20eq%20bass%20boost.png

that is pretty much all it does.... same thing is programmed into the ipod. It's louder because the EQ is boosted... then you boost your PEQ amp and it boosts it even more... 90% sure it's a clipped signal when it hits the amp(s)

Archived