-Product: AudioQue AQ2200D

-Manufactured by: Audioque

-Purchased from: Audioque

-Price: 10

-Shipping: 10

This thing was ordered on the 27th and got here today (9-3-08) even with it being labor day weekend. I was impressed!

2200WRMS for less than $400 shipped!!! my kind of deal!

-Looks: The amp looks awsome to say the least. It has an almost flat black casing with the nice chrome "AQ" in the center. I am definitly liking it!

I have yet to hook it up I will tomorrow but I figured I would share what I thought of it so far.

This thing came in one big box. The amp was 2 boxes in with a nice layer of black packing peanuts. VERY WELL PACKAGED!. Came with Allen wrenches aswell which I thought was great considering I just lost some of mine... The bass control knob is nice and small but has a very nice feel. The owners manual has nice illustrations in it to tell you what everything is used for. Its decently heavy. The package said 21 lbs but it feels closer to 30lbs...

The one thing I see that I dont like is that you have to turn the remote bass control counter clockwise to turn it up. Im used to turing knocb clockwise to make things louder.... That could be a bit confusing. Not a major problem just will take getting used to.

I will add to this thread tomorrow when I get it hooked up and finally get to hear what it sounds like powering my BTL. :D

Loving it so far!

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

i've been researching this amp myself potna. as i sure my DC lvl 4 15 w/lvl 5 coils can take a lil bit more than 2200 together ....it'll be enough. keep us if not me updated on the performance of this amp potna. post pics of the amp and bass remote too......

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i've been researching this amp myself potna. as i sure my DC lvl 4 15 w/lvl 5 coils can take a lil bit more than 2200 together ....it'll be enough. keep us if not me updated on the performance of this amp potna. post pics of the amp and bass remote too......

pics tomorrow. i have them but no time to upload them to my photobucket.

ill let you know what else i learn about it

what coils?

if you could tell me if it pounds at .5 i'd be forever grateful.

-Drew

If i ever take it that low ill let you know. Ill have it at 1. for rite now... well actually i think it may be at .75 i dno....

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Ok.... Apart from this amp being made fun of and being called "cute" by Chode this weekend I managed to get it in the car last nite. Its raining its ass off today but I did manage to tune the amp and see what it can do.

I am very impressed.

PROS:

-It sounds MUCH cleaner and definitly a whole helluva lot louder than my Hifonics.

-The bass knob is very smooth and doesnt do that thumping noise as you turn it up

-My lights barely dim with this amp and all I have as far as electrical upgrade is the HC1400 under the hood, so I would guess that its not drawing too much power.

- This amp has made my BTL sound like a whole new speaker. I am very happy!

- Doesnt do that annoying thump when it turns on either...

- Looks amazing

CONS:

- Amp has been getting a little hot... I felt it when I was sitting still so I am sure it will be fine. It wasnt "burn you" hot but it was quite warm...

- Bass knob needs to be turned counter clockwise to go to "max" which is kinda hard to get used to

Overall I love this amp so far. I will update this thread when i learn more about it.

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Archived