67 Mustang Restoration Build

Well, I posted a couple pics of my 67 at the beginning of the year, but I was at that point in the process of moving, where I would no longer have access to my neighbors welder etc, so I had a huge fall off of the little progress I had been making. Well now 10 months later, I finally have a welder. Picked it up for $300 on clearance. 130 amp, came with a helmet, stand, .5 lb of wire, gloves etc. Seems to work pretty well.

Anyways, Im hoping to make some good progress now that I actually have some of the tools I need. I know there is a lot of stuff on it, but thats what happens when something sits in the garage for 10 months. Hopefully tomorrow ill get it fully cleaned out and get some pics that aren't from a cell. Anyways, on to how it is now.

This is how it was at the beginning of the year.

Posted Image

And now....

Posted Image

Fenders need more actual repair work then pretty much everything else... Ive started doing a little welding the holes up, pretty much getting used to the welder

Posted Image

Posted Image

New welder...

Posted Image

Off topic, but heres my daily driver, there will be a build log on this eventually.

Posted Image

Like I said, stuff piles up.... atleast most of the stuff in here is now atleast related to the car.

Posted Image

Here you can see the bumper I got ahold of for a 05+ model... Hopfully this will get modded in to fit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Couple problem areas... This rust got on there on its trip up here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally, some of the work I did on the front fenders. Still need to clean them up and grind them down.

Posted Image

Feel free to let me know what you think. Ill also try to get a couple pics of all the other things I have for it instead of just the shell

love the idea. a hybrid of old and new. awesome

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

WOW subscribed, that bumper is going to look sick on there if done correctly.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I apologize if this is hard to read... just got home from work and am pretty tired...

Yes, that was precisely the reason. Definitely hit a major roadblock with moving. I definitely agree that that bumper should work pretty well if I can get it like I want. The awesome thing about it is I got it just for helping a buddy sand down some jetski's for about 6 hours or so. It might be hard to see, but the drivers side of it has a pretty good crack down at the bottom that I need to repair also. Along with it I got the sideskirts and rear bumper, which right now is sitting on the trunk. Unfortunately, I don't think either would look good to be modified to fit, or be easy either.

I didn't really tell much about my plans with this thing, as I was almost out the door on my way to work when posting that first post. Pretty much, my plans are very similar to the one Dr. Db has done. Air ride is one of the main things. Audio will be a long way out unfortunately, as it will be a while before I have an engine in it either, but im pretty sure I will want to seal off the trunk. The 302 that was supposed to come with it when I bought it got reclaimed by the government as it was in a building they tore town to build a road through as I didn't get the chance to run back up to they guy for quite a while. Unfortunately, there was also a nice 9" rear end with it. Atleast I do have most of the parts off the engine besides the main block itself.

As far as body goes, of course you have already seen the front bumper, which will take a couple mods to fit. Ill probably be a ways out on doing that, as I want to get pretty good at fiberglassing before I attempt it. So Ill probably pretty soon start making some stuff for the probe, such as kick pods etc. That bumper extends a good 3 or so inches out from the fenders, which is about perfect for making some fender flares, which I had in mind before even acquiring the bumper. The side skirt area will probably be unchanged, but I would like to get some of those shelbyish rear vent thing covers for sure. Then flares likely again over the rear wheels, and Ive been pondering somehow pretty much just extending the lines of the rear end down to match the rest, not too sure though.

Ill clean out some stuff and get some more pics of it all tomorrow, when I can actually type etc. ive gone through this a couple times and have found grammatical errors and such each time.

So I didn't get any actual "work" done today, but I got it pretty much cleaned out, so I can actually get inside it etc, lol. I didn't think I had that much stuff in it... Anyways, unfortunately im going to have to sandblast a lot of the metal I had that was ready to go in it due to it sitting so many months, it has some slight surface rust some stuff. Not too big of a deal though. I made these pics slightly smaller for ease of page loading...

As with the rest of the car, anything that is in the green (self etching) primer has been sandblasted, except the hood

Posted Image

I haven't yet taken the rear seats out again, but it is all done under them.

Posted Image

Various floor pans and such

Posted Image

Rear pan is in, front is in the process of being cut out

Posted Image

Nice cleaner pic which the gf happened to get into...

Posted Image

Lol, thanks

Hopefully there will be alteast a slight amount of interest in this to keep me going until the fun stuff starts. Unfortunately, before I can start on all the stuff I want to do to set it apart from the rest, I need to get it pretty much to where the rest are...

Today all I was able to get done was filling in some small holes in the hood, nothing too picture worthy. I didn't even realize they were there until pretty recently when I finally took off the primer that was on it. Apparently someone thought it was a good idea to fill them with body filler. I plan on having no holes filled with body filler, so they must be welded. Good thing there isn't too many...

Archived