Newbie Build (most Of It Done For Me Trying To Learn How To Install Along The Way) 2x 18'' Sx Re Audio's Being Replaced By Fi Btl 18''s

Here's some videos guys of my install so far. the last few places i have belonged to have all been jerks and very immature & rude. I hope thats differant here. Glad to be on board, Awsome place you got here steve and hope to hear a repsonse from yourself about this one !

BTW when the system is finished the car is going to be metalic black tinted on 20''s im not sure of spinners or not. But i want to finish the audio system first.

Old MA audio woofers :

http://blip.tv/file/1651367/

here is my new install with my new RE audio SX 18''s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOBQGsSeqQk

Here is the install with the 2nd battery installed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZfgD1MjJNg

Heres a quick video i made before the new head unit goes in today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE7H9PQg-qg

after new 8 gauge and head-unit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kA1dOhjEM0

smdsignature.jpg

Man that is a really nice install. Good job on setting the gain,looks to be in the right spot since you said your headunit has 2.2volt outputs. Also good that you didn't turn up the bass eq(bass boost) theres really no need for it.

TDH FTW !!!

Man that is a really nice install. Good job on setting the gain,looks to be in the right spot since you said your headunit has 2.2volt outputs. Also good that you didn't turn up the bass eq(bass boost) theres really no need for it.

Currently, i am unable to decide what i want to go ahead with. Upgrading and maximizing the system with thease woofers, or just skip right over thease SX's and get the BTL's because the SX's arnt quite as tuff as i thought they would be.

I think for this install using the current subwoofers to make it louder i could :

-get a new head-unit (5-8v pre out) PLEASE GUYS LIST SOME GOOD BRANDS WITH LINKS SO I CAN SEE SOME PRICES !! ( DONE )

- Get a new 2nd alternator so when i turn it up louder and louder it keeps getting louder and louder and doesnt sound like it caps off at a certain point. ( NEXT )

- Build the new top for my box and extend the cubic feet of it and put a larger port in the box.

- Get a new internal amplifier and some internal speakers to increase the volume of the mids/high's that should increase my Db aswell.

- Bring in 2nd hifonics brutus 2600 RMS & New FI BTL' 18''s

smdsignature.jpg

I would just like to say thank you in advance for all your patience as i am a newbie in car audio and will be asking lots of questions as i want to learn. I hope this is understandable, I just left caraudio.com's forum the trolls there are just rediculous. I cant stand it anymore, So i am very pleased and thankfull that i was accepted into this community :)

I hope together with all of your help i can get the best possible setup in my car that can be done.

-andrew

smdsignature.jpg

Here's a link to a nice deck for under $300-Eclipse 8V deck

Now for the subs, it sounds like your on the right track. The BTL is not to be underestimated. I would go out on a limb and say that in that same size box the BTL might be louder than the SX's. That box looks awfully small for two 18's might be 10 cubes with all displacements. It sounds like you like the lows based on how you only want 18's, if your open to other brands the Death Penalty 21'' sounds like something you would like.

To save money you could always pick up the new cd player and one of the subs, then later on spend the extra dough on the rest of the system. Just my opinion but two 21's in the trunk off 5000 watts. :shok: then http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

great setup man and its always nice to see someone from canada into bigger stuff then just kenwood and pyle, im from hamilton ontario. well now im in tally. canada woooo :clapping:

1996 deville on 18" full face rims

-2 gauge wire.

-a2400db

-RE SE-X in a 4ftc box tuned to 32hz

-tview touch double din

-rockford punch 6x9s(rear)

-mtx 6.5(front)

front and rear stage will soon be changed build log will start as soon as it aint cold!

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Here's a link to a nice deck for under $300-Eclipse 8V deck

Now for the subs, it sounds like your on the right track. The BTL is not to be underestimated. I would go out on a limb and say that in that same size box the BTL might be louder than the SX's. That box looks awfully small for two 18's might be 10 cubes with all displacements. It sounds like you like the lows based on how you only want 18's, if your open to other brands the Death Penalty 21'' sounds like something you would like.

To save money you could always pick up the new cd player and one of the subs, then later on spend the extra dough on the rest of the system. Just my opinion but two 21's in the trunk off 5000 watts. :shok: then http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Drew

The box looks decivingly small, it is completely gutted and hollowed out, there is no spare tire or anything down there, there is a fibreglass skin tub that molds to the bottom of the car to gain all the cubic feet from the tirewell and all that precious cubic feet it has to offer hehe :) The hole trunk of my car is 17 cubic feet total, not including the wheel well. That is oviously not all useable space, but including the wheel well, it is a deciant amount of space for a big box.

I used to have my MA audio woofers inverted as you can see in my video, now thease are not inverted as they are too tall, So i am going to raise my box up by building a new top half from MDF to put ontop of my fibreglass tub that will bring the total cubic feet before port & subwoofer displacement to 16.7 cubic feet. I am hoping once i port the box, and put the new woofers in i will be in the 12-13 cubic foot range. I think those death penalty's are too big for my trunk i doubt i could fit 2 of them efficiently. I think that the BTL's with the new box top made so that it is bigger, and ported propperly is the way to go. I am either going to get BTL's or a pair of used LMS-Ultra's a guy is selling that are almost brand-new.

-peace everybody i look forward to discussing this build and getting to know you all, already i am getting a very chill laid back vibe from this place.

** CHECK THE NEW VIDEOS OUT **

smdsignature.jpg

great setup man and its always nice to see someone from canada into bigger stuff then just kenwood and pyle, im from hamilton ontario. well now im in tally. canada woooo :clapping:

Hell yeah, I am deffinatly going to make this the largest system in my area and make sure it can claim all the competitions around here :) thanks for the props man :) stay tunned, it is only going to get better !

Also i dont think i will add a 2nd amplifier until i go through the steps i laid out in the above post, that way my electrical system is completely ready for it when i drop it in and i dont completely suck it dry. Although i might already have enough battery power to run 2 of the hifonics brutus 2600 RMS amps, i doubt i have enough alternating power. Anyways thanks for being such a welcomming community guys, i cant wait to get this log going and watch it progress with you alll, i hope to provide some good entertainment :)

smdsignature.jpg

Does anybody have any ideas how i can port into the cabin without loosing my back-seats ?

I would deffinatly like to keep those in there, that is not an option to get rid of them. But when i have my 2 FI BTL 18''s and 2 Hifonics brutus 2600 RMS amplifiers its going to get real loud, And i want more of the SPL to get into the cabin. I think the arm-rest in the back i could put a port there, Also what type of internal speakers/amplifier should i add to bring up my mids and high's ? this will likely increase my Db a little bit aswell, But i think to make it real efficient is by getting more of the SPL from the trunk, into the cabin of the car.

The vehicle is large, But most cars dont normally have 18''s in the trunk and still have back-seats, This thing gets extremely loud but i know alot of the Db is being captured and held inside the trunk.

So any ideas on how to get more volume from the woofers out of the trunk and into the cabin of the vehicle. Anyways guys, Please stay tunned and keep this thread active i will be posting new updates in it as soon as i can.

I think this thing will be fairly rare when it is finished to have this much power in the trunk and have back-seats still. The 18''s already throw the car around its an awsome feeling. I cant wait to get the FI BTL's and my new amp, and get those in with the box modifications and another battery & alternator. What is the differance between daily driving and SPL, when you select options on the FI BTL's when you are building them on their site ? Oh and steve, i was wondering if you could tell me roughly how much cubic feet you are giving your 4 BTL's in your tahoe, How much are they getting per woofer around ?

My new box will be :

26.5'' in height

28.5'' in Length

39.5'' in width

Total box volume = 17.26 cubic feet

That is before port, And driver displacement. What should i aim to port this box at if i want to do well in bassraces, But also still be able to hear those low's ?

i was thinking 30-33hz, not the high 20's.

OR i could invert my woofers, but i would then have to lower the top of the box, instead of raising it to allow for the room for the drivers. I seemed to get MUCH better preformance from my last install that was the MA audio XE's they seemed to be extremely loud and move alot more Air and the only differance between that install and this one, Is the fact that they where inverted. So maybe it made a differance, By removing that extra displacement in the box from the drivers. Anyways, looking for some pro's help ! Not nay-sayers, Please only contribute to this thread if you want to see this install sucseed and reach its maximum potential. I have dealt with to many jelous trolls on other forums i dont need that crap no more lol.

Anyways guys, Let me know what you think please add lots of opinions i want the pro's input on this one, Oviously some of the best installers and biggest systems are on this board i feel honored to be apart of it and cant wait for your guys's help and ideas.

smdsignature.jpg

Archived