Sorry I haven't been on to answer and thank everybody for their responses, but my little boy has been sick and I've had to take time away from work etc...Anyways, I decided I needed more power to correctly push this bad boy so I got a great deal on a brand new Alpine MRX-M240. RMS Power Output @ 2 Ohms 2400 Watts and everywhere I read people were saying that brith sheets ranged from 2560-2700 @2 ohms. Plus, I got it brand new for $350.00 and free shipping to boot!! I know there are plenty better deals out there for amps @1ohm but I am dealing with a 2ohm setup here...
After extensive searching and 2 different deals falling through I settled on this guy. I am getting it tomorrow so I will check back in for anyone who might be interested in the particulars. If anyone has any first hand experience with this particular amp then any constructive input is always welcome, and as long as respect is shown, respect is always given.
Thanks again for any help.
That amp should work just fine but be prepared to step up your electrical some. Also it probably won't do the entire 2400 watts its rated at, more like something in the 1800-2000 watts of usable power which is still enough. I would build a box for the sub as well if it were me. I would go with 2.5 cubes after displacement with 2 4" aeroports and tune it to 34hz or so. Those sub's are meant to be in a larger box than the other Sundown subs and the larger box should handle that amount of power just fine as long as you are responsible with the volume.
I have been running the above mentioned setup for a little over 10 days and I am extremely satisfied with the Alpine MRX-M240. After EXTENSIVE research I realized that there are very few options for people in the situation of wanting to run 2000+ watts @ anything other than 1 ohm. For a setup @2 ohms mainstream it seems or bust. Even then there are only like 2 or 3 quality amps for the $. Especially in the under $500.00 ballpark!
I had experience with alpine (pdx 1000 several years ago) and new relatively what I was getting, but I got a little more, I must say. I thought I might have to grab a new alternator, but first I decided to try a single XS Power D975's as a replacement battery for the deep cycle goodness it offers. I had a bunch of Rockford Fosgate 4awg Power Cable left over from past installs so I chopped that up and did the "big 3 deal". (Just did 2 strands each) and accordingly adjusted the gain (NOT SUBWOOFER VOLUME CONTROL as some thing lol) with a multi-meter using the correct amount via online calculator.
After setting everything correctly, this thing HAMMERS. No headlight dim whatsoever. In fact, the Alpine Amp hasn't even gotten warm to the touch. Ice cold, ear ringing, eardrum ruining, bass. However, I have to say, the Sundown X-12 gets beaten by the T2's reasonably better SPL and the X-12 has lower SQ than the T2 Rocford (T2D412). Obviously the lows are much better but I'm not sure which one I like better.... I KNOW the Sundown sub can take the birth sheet rated 2640 watts but I don't know about the T2.
When I bought the box I swear I read the tuning was in the mid 30's hz range. Turns out, in fact, I am an idiot because it is made for SPL Comps and is tuned to 42hz!!! Could I have picked a worse box for a sub that lives and dies with the lower hz, like the x-12?? I have ordered a correct box now, but it is custom so mean time I have tried lining the box interior with Urethane foam. I didn't expect much, but holy cow! After a bunch of idiot mistakes and blocking the port like a genius, I am extremely pleased with the results. Made sure I left unrestricted port air flow and since the foam is in 2 inch thick sheets I stapled to the sides of the box, it isn't even a mess or a hassle. The box is still off, but It is def in the ballpark range of prob upper 30's hz range. Sure made me like the X-12 more!
If there is still anybody listening after all that, then I hope you can answer this dilemma I have: How will the T2 hold up if I simply swap out the subs and make little or no other adjustments outside of small tweaks? If not, what do I need to keep an eye out for if/when I decide to use the Fosgate? i.e. signs it is about to turn to charred ash. I have always been limited by the amp and know its signs of over stress.
***Just wanted to thank those of you who have been kind enough to share your knowledge and time to help me out. I was kinda skidish about posting here because I had read some pretty mean responses to questions seemingly more innocent to mine. So far, I have been shown nothing but respect and look forward to lurking around the forum and expanding my knowledge base.***