Jump to content

08tahoe

Members
  • Posts

    1502
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 08tahoe

  1. So I'm NOT the only one. Now I know I'm not alone. I've been trying to figure it out since sunday and I got my dd-1 on saturday. Here's my thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/117314-setting-hilo-converter-with-dd-1/page__p__1647890__fromsearch__1#entry1647890
  2. Well I'm pretty frustrated at this point and I'm pretty sure its the hi/lo converters that arent working for me. It sucks having a stock h/u if your trying to set your gains the right way, I guess imma have to go back and set my gains by ear how I had them until I get a aftermarket h/u but I don't think ill be doing that with this car. Thanks a lot for your help kickass audio but I was not able to set my hi/lo converter so that it would work right with my amps and h/u and I tried a few different ways.
  3. if anything ill print up his sig on a small piece of paper and tape it to the back lol (wont really do it) Every single one has his signature on the front label lol (mine wasn't autographed by him either but its ok I'm just happy I got mine)
  4. Thanks, that makes sence. I was thinking they were the same but wasn't sure. And ya I keep my eq set to flat all the time.
  5. I did a lossless transfer on mine
  6. Ya I connect my ipod through the bottom not the headphone jack, and the smd disk comes with a -0db track on it, so when I get home imma work on it and be distortion free A 0db track is the same thing as a -0db track right?
  7. I apreciate your help big time kickass audio it was a HUGE help! Now i understand it perfectly. And yes I noticed that my h/u playes the radio stations at lower volumes also, and I also mainly use my ipod in my car. I am going to set all my gains with a 0db track like you did yours cause I don't want to take the risk of having distortion or clipping either.
  8. Thanks a lot kickass audio that's exactly what I was doing, but since it didn't explain it in the manual and since I'm a noob I didn't know if I was doing it right, also I didn't know what test track to use so I was using track 1 wich is 40Hz -0dB. And the reason that I don't want to mess with my stock h/u is because I got a 2007 honda accord withought the navigation and the a/c is conected to the h/u so it shows the temp and stuff on the h/u when you turn on your a/c. Also I never had a problem with hi/lo converters, I always set them by ear and my system sounded just fine but now I'm trying to do it the right way since I got the dd-1. So you say for the hi/lo converters to use a 1kHz test track, and would the -dB be my preferance depending on how loud I want it?
  9. So does anyone know the answer to this cause I got my dd-1 and I'm stuck on that part. it doesn't say anything in the manual about setting a converter if u have a stock head unit.
  10. I hope this isn't a stupid question but here it goes, so I have my stock h/u in my car and I get everything else on how to measure the h/u and how to set the gain on the amps with the dd-1. But how would you go about setting the gains knobs on a hi/lo converter with the dd-1? I have an idea of how to do it but I don't know if its right or what track to use. I have this one http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4994_Scosche-LOC-80.html
  11. I got mine today , rays the man with the master plan lol
  12. Hell ya!! 2morrow! That is quick.. Thanks ray and steve!
  13. Thanks a lot steve!! I ordered from ray so that's really good to hear . Also thanks to tony and juan!
  14. Here is this 750rms one that is brand new and in your price range http://www.audioque.com/AQ750-Amplifier_p_46.html
  15. Have u tried to check voltage with more than one volt meter?
  16. Ok ill have to have my dad help me cause I would have tried to do it myself
  17. Ok that's really good to hear, that means all I gotta do is call them on monday. Now I don't gotta worry about taking my spring off to measure it and then having to put it back on..
  18. I just called springworks but they're closed for the day and are only open weekdays so ill be calling back monday
  19. Thanks a lot for all that info! And I am going to give springworks a call cause they are here in cali and the place I had called was called coachs chasis but they are in new mexico. So did you have to figure out your stock height and diameter before you got yours or did springworks do it for you?
  20. it really is as easy as it sounds...If my moron neighbor can do it in the garage anyone can Ok it just seemed harder.. And
  21. Call a dealer see if have stock spring in stock... I tried that and they didn't, thanks though
×
×
  • Create New...