My skill set is pretty broad. I'm proficient in Mach 3, Mastercam, Bob Cad/Cam, and Solid Works. I remember most of the G&M codes, but with the newer software it's all mouse clicks so that's irrelevant. i can program and operate Mills, lathes, and router tables. Have had hands on experience with Mori Seiki and manual lathes. Fadal, Jet, and Tree vertical mills, both CNC and manual. And Multi Cam CNC router tables. The most interesting thing I have done is when I worked at Ultra Poly, I made some prototype bindings for K2, and I made an aluminum test mold for the McDonalds McGridle sandwich. And we had the contract for the Gator Decking on the Navy ships, so I did a lot of tight tolerance programming. Oh and all the little pink rollers you see at the car washes like Brown Bear, that's my lathe work...simple but still cool to see.
So yea, you guys who know me know I don't like to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty good at it. Would be several month before I can do the conversion on my mill, and then I'll do some stuff up for some of the well known and respected members to test and provide feedback on. This is all just in the "idea" stage right now, i wanna see how well the idea is received before I make any concrete decisions.