Alright, I was doing a small system install for my friend and have run into some issues I cannot figure out.
The 4-gauge positive wire is going from the amp to the positive jump post of the battery.
80 amp in-line fuse for the positive wire.
30x2 fuse on the power akoustik amp.
The ground cable is hooked to a bolt on the frame.
RCA and Turn-on wire properly hooked up to deck.
Speaker wire to sub.
THE PROBLEM: When i put the in-line fuse in, (keys not even in car) with all the wires hooked up to the amp, the 2 fuses in the amp pop.
When i put the in-line fuse in with JUST THE POWER WIRE there is no reaction until i touch the ground to the part on the amp, then the fuses pop.
I believe that the problem is the ground wire, but am not positive, I have tried multiple spots and the same thing happens.
Could it be that the 80 amp in-line fuse is too much to put in there compared to the 30x2 fuses in the amp?
Help would be greatly appreciated.