Is This An Accurate Port Calculator?

I'm not as advanced as some of these guys are but i was wondering if this a a good port Length Calculator? I am going to wall off the Civic and I want to have an Idea of the port length in the build. I am building an 8 cuft box for 2 Fi 15" BL's and I am wanting to tune it to 32hz. I want the subs to be up top by the headrests and the port in the Middle. Like Meade's Civic and Oso's Civic. I can figure out the Box internal air space, but this port length crap is killin me..Getting the Width and Height and Depth to get the certain square inchs of port and tuning it is giving me trouble. If you guys can guide me in the right direction let me know..

http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31

I still don't think this will work for the certain application I need..I know it has to be something simple, but I am just not hip to it.

Edited by zaxfire69

I was curious about the same thing...Im putting in 2 18's which I want tuned to 32 with the dimensions 2 feet tall, 2.5 feet deep, and 40" wide. Should I face the subs up and have the port face rear or opposite, and how do I determine the size of this port?

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Yeah I am still getting everything down right now..Working on internal Volume of my box, that isn't that hard..I found this and I am checking it out and reading...I need my box to be 8 cuft and tuned to 32hz..I had a slot ported box in my trunk with one 15 and it was tuned to 30hz..But I just want one of those Square ports right between my front seats and I am catching the dickens trying to figure all this out...

http://spkrbox1.spaces.live.com/

Yeah I am still getting everything down right now..Working on internal Volume of my box, that isn't that hard..I found this and I am checking it out and reading...I need my box to be 8 cuft and tuned to 32hz..I had a slot ported box in my trunk with one 15 and it was tuned to 30hz..But I just want one of those Square ports right between my front seats and I am catching the dickens trying to figure all this out...

http://spkrbox1.spaces.live.com/

yea that guy gives some in depth details I guess I will read on it tommorrow but im done for tonite....good luck with your box zax

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Like I said I am Trying to keep it around 8 cubes cause Fi recommends 4 cuft per woofer tuned between 30-37hz.

40" W X 30"H X 12"D = 14400/1728= 8.33 cuft

Woofers displace .18cuft each so 8.33-.18= 8.15-.18= 7.97 cuft internal airspace right???

Edited by zaxfire69

I have seen that calculator used and its pretty damn near on the spot!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg