Sundown Audio

ap3000.1

splmark

i know they are 2 amps in one case and stable only to 2 ohms, but what has everyone ran them at? the final load of my sub is around 1.2 ohms and im looking for a cheep 3000 watts lol. i searched alot online some say yes and some say no, but the ones that say yes said they have the amps. so if you have or had this amp what did you run it at?

i will also have a ho alternator, and 2 deka intimidator batterys

How many of these threads are going to be made? :nea:

Hey Mister..NO THREAD JACKING!!

Lulz

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Haha..I showed him a rule..I think? :shrug:

The lowest recommended ohm load is 2ohms bridged

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

If you know its two amps strapped then you need to realize a final 2 ohm load is not 2 ohms per, each amp would be wired to 1 ohm per. Trying to wire the 3000 to 1 ohm will essentially wire each amp to .5 ohm....which isn't even advised.

Of course some people have run these amps at .5 ohm...why you want to is beyond me. And if you have to ask you probably don't have the experience to go against recommended specs.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

all the post i found said "The lowest recommended ohm load is 2ohms bridged" thats why i asked for people that have used them and not get there post count up. so have you guys used them?

internet.jpg

Dude, why does everyone want cheap ridiculous amounts of power? You get what you pay for and there's nothing else to it.

Audiopipe is a cheap chinese company that puts out cheap chinese products. They don't do rated unless you have absolutely no voltage drop. They do not perform well under rated imp, so no 1.2ohm will not work. Don't try it, you'll waste more money then you will save.

post6as.gif

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

unless you have really good voltage and dont drop below 14.4v i would say =@:No:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

All the test I have seen show they do rated and then some at 14volts. I want cheap power because I have a kid, one on the way and a house payment lol. This is a hobby and I don't have alot of money to dump. back into it. As for experience I have been doing this since half the people on this site been in dipers but that's besides the point.

The reason I asked is because most people run there amps lower then what they say and never had a problem, shit I even had a pair of directed 1500s strapped to .7 and never had a problem. So like I said if you have or had this amp what did you run them at?