CaptainzPlanetz Posted February 7, 2011 Report Posted February 7, 2011 Looking to try something other than the Rainbow Components I have now, Im not sure what I would like to try, but Im open to suggestions, I am currently looking for some PPI 356cs components, but they don't come up for sale too often so, I am broadening my options, the amp they will run on will be a PPI A404.2 Art amp, that puts out an underated 50rms a channel at 4 ohgms and 100rms a channel at 2 ohms. So what do you guys think.....400 dollars is about what I would like to spend max, though I could go a lil higher. ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
basslh Posted February 7, 2011 Report Posted February 7, 2011 Looking to try something other than the Rainbow Components I have now, Im not sure what I would like to try, but Im open to suggestions, I am currently looking for some PPI 356cs components, but they don't come up for sale too often so, I am broadening my options, the amp they will run on will be a PPI A404.2 Art amp, that puts out an underated 50rms a channel at 4 ohgms and 100rms a channel at 2 ohms. So what do you guys think.....400 dollars is about what I would like to spend max, though I could go a lil higher. Oxygen Audio(o2) is the best in my opinion ***************************************** Head unit-Clarion Mids & Highs- Oxygen Audio 5.25's Highs Amp-ASA-600.4x Subs- 3 15in American Bass XFL's Sub Amps- American Bass VFL 500.1
Symmetry9898 Posted February 7, 2011 Report Posted February 7, 2011 ive always liked the old school rockford fanatic q's. I just picked up a new/old stock set off ebay for 125 bucks shipped. I think they sound great, and they wont put a big dent in your wallet. just my 2 cents. Build in progress: Kenwood DNX890HD Rockford Fosgate White wolf RCA's 2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)2 Rockford Fosgate T2500's on sub 1 Fi car audio Team 15 D1 XS Power D3400 and three D975's in the rear Mechman Elite 370 Stinger power connections and cable
Mtgrooves Posted February 7, 2011 Report Posted February 7, 2011 I've been playing around with the Hybrid Audio Clarus's lately and I have to say that I'm really impressed by them. They have amazing mid bass and stage like no other speaker I've heard. See if you have a local shop that carries them and give them a listen! The Shoe Maker without shoes!
basslh Posted February 7, 2011 Report Posted February 7, 2011 check my vid out you will see how loud o2's ***************************************** Head unit-Clarion Mids & Highs- Oxygen Audio 5.25's Highs Amp-ASA-600.4x Subs- 3 15in American Bass XFL's Sub Amps- American Bass VFL 500.1
CaptainzPlanetz Posted February 7, 2011 Author Report Posted February 7, 2011 I've been playing around with the Hybrid Audio Clarus's lately and I have to say that I'm really impressed by them. They have amazing mid bass and stage like no other speaker I've heard. See if you have a local shop that carries them and give them a listen! I dont have any HAT dealers near me and would love to try out there stuff but its a bit out of my budget, I have the price sheet for the entire line in front of me, and the 6.5" Clarus comp set including tweets and two way crossovers is about 650 dollars, so a good deal above my budget....however if I can find a used set within my budget I would probably pick em up ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
Robert8252 Posted February 7, 2011 Report Posted February 7, 2011 There a set of hertz hsk 165s for sale for that price range on caco I believe. I just managed to get a set of hertz hsk 163s for cheap off of there. Will be my first time with real mids and highs but with hours of searching everyone loves hertz... So I went with them 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
AI James Posted February 7, 2011 Report Posted February 7, 2011 are you looking to run them active or through the passive crossovers?
CaptainzPlanetz Posted February 7, 2011 Author Report Posted February 7, 2011 are you looking to run them active or through the passive crossovers? Have to run Passive as the A404 doesnt have any internal crossover....though in the future I could get something like the RF360 to run active, but for now passive is what I'm looking for ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.