Sonic Electronix

ive been on google and on youtube and cant really find a good answer or tutorial i would like to learn how to make my own coils as well as how to make a dual coil does anyone know of any sites that describe this and what materials to use i cant really find anything.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i wana learn how to make them that way i dont need someone else to do it as well i feel like that could be a marketable skill how did the people on here that know how to make coils learn?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Is there anybody on here that winds their own coils? As far as I know most coils are built and shipped from build houses. Even Foreverbumpin (might of spelled that wrong) most likely buys his coils prewound. Not saying you can't do it, just saying it would probably be cheaper, easier, and more efficient to buy the coils premade.

Lemme guess, next you want to build your own amp?

In conclusion, while I see where you are coming from trying to do it yourself, leave it to the professionals with the expensive machines. There are way too many variables that you don't want to have to take into account besides the degree of precision that would be necessary to pull it off. For example, if you can't already explain to me the difference between resistance and impedance, you are best investing your energy elsewhere. Please don't think im coming off hard or anything.

Sincerely,

The guy in his 3rdish year of an electrical engineering degree.

what are some good build houses then i already know of fixmyspeaker wondering if u guys know of any more

what are some good build houses then i already know of fixmyspeaker wondering if u guys know of any more

yeah what are some build houses?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz