Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Four 18" Cerwin Vega Strokers. Help!!!


Phazer131

Recommended Posts

Posted

just throwing around numbers here but an idea of torres calc

ccdf.jpg

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Posted

port area is more related to box size not amount of subs for slot ports you want roughly 13-16^2 of port per cube of box

and for aero ports its something like 9-12 but i could be wrong i dont use aeros often

but listen to basslova and download torres box calc it makes things soo much easier

13-16? hold on now buddy, 9-17cu.in^2 is fine. just depends on the application.

Hey buddy, if you can get me the T/S specs of one of the subs, i can tell you the ideal airspace and tuning frequency for those drivers.

Free air resonance 31hz

Total Q 0.191

Mechanical Q 7.923

Electrical Q 0.196

Comp.Vol 5.78 cubic feet

Max Excursion 1.5"

Voice Coil Resistance 1.7 ohms per coil

Vol. Displacement .43 cubic feet

Those are the values I have for the stroker 18d2. I have 4 in total and would like to make two separate boxes with two subs in each. Im hoping to make each box 24x48x24 that will fit pretty well.

Posted

I just wanna know what power and what are they going in

I have two t20001bds (for now) and they are going on the bed of my f150.

in a blow through or just in the back of your bed??

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Posted

I just wanna know what power and what are they going in

I have two t20001bds (for now) and they are going on the bed of my f150.

in a blow through or just in the back of your bed??

Just the back of my bed. Ive treated entire bed with fatmat and purchased a shell .

Posted

this sounds like a blow thru...

called it

and if anything take the rear window out and build a wall in the bed and put a camper top (wrong name im sure) on

you can always put the rear window back in later on

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1727 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...