Phazer131 Posted February 8, 2011 Report Posted February 8, 2011 I have four 18" cerwin vega stroker subwoofers and am looking to build an enclosure for them. Its not my first box but by far the biggest!! Im confused on how to calculate the port for all for subs in one enclosure. They will all share the same air space (obviously). I have the manual but it only gives me the dimensions for one subwoofer, I guess my problem is... How much the port area will change by adding additional drivers. I have all the parameters but dont know how to use them Thanks Guys!!
DRauck Posted February 9, 2011 Report Posted February 9, 2011 Wouldn't 4 woofers just mean 4 times the port area? 2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen 12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer Rockford Fosgate t20001bd Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit Build Log
bassl0va Posted February 9, 2011 Report Posted February 9, 2011 I can try and help you out, or you can download the Torres box calculator and have a play around yourself. The port area relates to the box volume (and other things too) but the base size is based on box volume. Are these the old strokers? Those are great subs. My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
Phazer131 Posted February 9, 2011 Author Report Posted February 9, 2011 I can try and help you out, or you can download the Torres box calculator and have a play around yourself. The port area relates to the box volume (and other things too) but the base size is based on box volume. Are these the old strokers? Those are great subs. These are the old school ones. Ive been doing calculations with some of the calculators online. some things confusing me are the port area described in the stroker manual and the value I get on the calculators. I came to the conclusion of making two separate enclosures with two strokers in each one. The manual requires: 4.5 cubic feet+.43 cubic ft driver displacement+1.56 cubic ft port displacement. That is all for one woofer. So in theory should I double the box volume and driver displacement and port area? I end up getting a total box volume of 12.98 cubic ft. Im kinda confusing myself here I did this.... 4.5 box volume x2 = 9 cubic ft .43 driver displ.x2 = .86 cubic ft 1.56 port displ x2 = 3.12 cubic ft <------ this is where I think im making a mistake! Should I just add the first two them values and tune to that box volume? Im just running in circles with this damn thing!:/
knowledge Posted February 9, 2011 Report Posted February 9, 2011 Wouldn't 4 woofers just mean 4 times the port area? also would like to know this? REFF'SMy linkEBAYhttp://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=trueI love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.
uhoh_45 Posted February 9, 2011 Report Posted February 9, 2011 port area is more related to box size not amount of subs for slot ports you want roughly 13-16^2 of port per cube of box and for aero ports its something like 9-12 but i could be wrong i dont use aeros often but listen to basslova and download torres box calc it makes things soo much easier R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
Bigballa39213 Posted February 9, 2011 Report Posted February 9, 2011 I just wanna know what power and what are they going in 98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door Stock Everything The New Setup 1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD 1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash ) 2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors ) 2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors ) 1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash ) 1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components ) 1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors ) 1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor 1 - SoundStream BX-20Z 2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D 4 - RE Audio SX12D4
BanginOnABudget Posted February 9, 2011 Report Posted February 9, 2011 port area is more related to box size not amount of subs for slot ports you want roughly 13-16^2 of port per cube of box and for aero ports its something like 9-12 but i could be wrong i dont use aeros often but listen to basslova and download torres box calc it makes things soo much easier 13-16? hold on now buddy, 9-17cu.in^2 is fine. just depends on the application. Hey buddy, if you can get me the T/S specs of one of the subs, i can tell you the ideal airspace and tuning frequency for those drivers. im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire. Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block.... 1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr. Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt. Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos. Pioneer 6000ub Reciever NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon. MSG Me for a free enclosure design!! Flared port kits coming soon!!
Phazer131 Posted February 9, 2011 Author Report Posted February 9, 2011 port area is more related to box size not amount of subs for slot ports you want roughly 13-16^2 of port per cube of box and for aero ports its something like 9-12 but i could be wrong i dont use aeros often but listen to basslova and download torres box calc it makes things soo much easier I was just playing with the program you guys suggested and when i input everything, under "port are per foot" I get 6.7 square inches is that value correct? Are you saying I should have at least 13-16?
Phazer131 Posted February 9, 2011 Author Report Posted February 9, 2011 I just wanna know what power and what are they going in I have two t20001bds (for now) and they are going on the bed of my f150.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.