A Suburban A Warhorse and a pair of Double Dees

Okay, little update today. I'm wrapping up the front stage today by getting in my kick panels. Here is the drivers side.

DSC03425.jpg

These fit nice but I still had to tweek them a bit to get them to fit right. First I had to trim back the leading edge of the hood release opening to clear the handle.

DSC03427.jpg

Secondly I trimmed round the pivot opening. It was too tight around this area to get the panel seated properly.

DSC03429.jpg

Lastly here is the passenger side kick panel in place.

DSC03430.jpg

The wires for the front stage have been run as well. Getting there. :fing34:

your not gonna paint the kicks? and the driver side kick is a bitch with everything thats goin on over there lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

Nice baffles on the doors. Mid-bass would be much better with some sound deadening and strip that cheap plastic off of the door.

1998 GMC ZR2

5" BDS suspension lift, 2" bodylift with 33" tires

1- Alpine iDA-X305SBT headunit w/imprint

2- DD 9500 18's dual 4's

2- DD S2b 2700 watts Each of old school class A/B power

1- DD S4b 4 channel for mids and highs

1- CDT HD 20th anniversary componet with upstage kit

2- CDT ES 6 3/4" mids for midbass in doors. Hopefully in the near future I will be adding 2 more to each door

1- DC Power 270XP alternator

2- stinger 1500d batteries

all interconnects are from stinger also

your not gonna paint the kicks? and the driver side kick is a bitch with everything thats goin on over there lol

The dash is a two tone grey. the lower portion being light grey and the upper porting being a dark grey that matches the kick panels. I like the way it looks, it blends out of sight when you're sitting in the truck.

Nice baffles on the doors. Mid-bass would be much better with some sound deadening and strip that cheap plastic off of the door.

Thanks. I'm going to get everything going first and play some music through the system. Then I'll know exactly what areas need attention. I'd hate to go willie nillie with the sound deadener if I don't have to. It's a little more work this way but only the spots that need tending to get it. Nothing more nothing less. :)

Lookin' good! I'm loving all the steel fabrication. You're gonna have to check gas mileage before and after the fact haha.

Thanks. Right now I'm at solid 17mpg when I drive this thing to El Paso. I'm hoping to get this done for my next trip out there. Then we'll know what the damage really is. :o

Okay, by now you've realized this is taking forever. :( Well here are a couple of things I did in the name of progress. :yaya:

Thank God, the box effing fits. :woot:

DSC03110.jpg

Just enough between the box and the barn-door for a loaf of bread.

DSC03118-1.jpg

Here is the reason why I picked up a hundred pounds of box.

DSC03120.jpg

That's a pair of 3/4" bolts holding down the drivers side port.

DSC03121.jpg

It's not much, but it's something to keep minor situations from turning major.

DSC03119-1.jpg

I would have like to use two bolts for the passenger side, but I had the rear a/c lines in the way where the second bolt would have gone.

DSC03124.jpg

:thanx:

That box aint goin nowhere.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

System I now have and is finally installed!

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Digtal Designs CS 6.5" components

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

Thanks fellas. Well here is a mini update for the sake of progress. I'm adding a carpeted layer of mdf to the port side of the box to mount the amp. Here are my boards.

100_3611.jpg

No carpet on the backside. Just enough to wrap around the edge and a little extra to make a land for the staples.

100_3608.jpg

The black screw is what came with the amp for the mounting rail. I wasn't too impressed with it so I'm going to use a 10-32 and washers.

100_3616.jpg

In the wood I'll use a matching threaded insert for wood. As for the black specks on the wood, you caught me. This used to be my welding table. :P Yes I welded on wood. No biggie, my frayed jeans caught on fire more than the wood. o_o

100_3610.jpg

Here is the whole setup with the hanging rail in place.

100_3618.jpg

Test fit with the amp. Sorry for the blurry pic. Kind of tough to focus, hold and snap a pic with one hand, while the other props up the 60lbs amp assembly.

100_3619.jpg

Here are the boards secured on the box. Each board is held in with 12, 2-1/2" drywall screws. The reason I did this is the two boards make a nice little channel for me to run the power cables out of sight. This amp has it's power locations at an odd location, front, center, and offset towards the top. This way I can run the cables up over and back down the backside, out of sight, right through the floor to and battery bank.

100_3621.jpg

One more thing off the things to do list. :) and :woot:

Archived