Sundown Audio

blew my 2500d?

back when these were the big boys on the block you could get them cheap. sub 600 bucks for a 2500 watt amp was :trippy: cheap. We were all getting them through orion sponsored guys. They were taking the money sending it in and then sending us the amps. Well turns out the person at dei/orion wasnt really doing things on the up and up. when the lid blew off it the guys pushing the amps out for them got thrown under the bus and they in turn pointed the finger back at the orion worker. it was a mess at the time.

I remember that now.

Lulz. Good times.

DO NOT send your amp to cia engineering.. that place is a joke.. they sold my xx chaos. after they jerked me around for a year on a simple repair.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

i sent db-r a message, and apparently they no longer repair these amps :angry: but they did recommend that i take it here:

amp medics

Anyone ever hear of them?

At the moment i was running the amp at 1 ohm, i've burped it before at .5 and i know the previous owner was a competitor so i know for a fact it was run at .5 or lower before i got it and that was 4 years ago. Nothing looks burned up, but i did notice that a couple of the caps on the rca end of the amp have black tips, which i never seen before (if it were ink or something), how about you guys take a look (sorry for the quality)

SSPX0623.jpg

SSPX0621.jpg

SSPX0622.jpg

right now i'm f'n broke from bein in school so i dont have any $ to fix it. I can do some minor repairs if it only involves soldering, but till i can figure out whats wrong with it, i have to run my sub at a lousy 200 instead of 2500 :woot: ...not

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0