Sundown Audio

I just got a Saz-2500d and I was wondering if anyone can help me with my settings.

The amp is pushing 1 12 XL Box net is about 2.27 cubes tuned to 32 hz

I opened my trunk and heard that my sub is clipping so i turned all my gain down and start all over.

So around where should i set my:

Gain = ?

Subsonic = ?

Lpf = ?

Bass Boost = ?

Phase = ?

Edited by dunkoholic

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903

I kno bass boast 0 and LPf 0, and ur gain based on how loud u turn ur volume on hu and I'll go 45% on my gain with bout 30-35 volume I have a 3k sundown amp and think its the sub sonic to 30hz and phase 25% up that how I got my amp set up and it's perfect and if u need more power just turn ur gain up more.. Turn all bass off on HU. When u set the volume don't go over.. 40 volume will be the max to go too if u have a good hu. I have a great one that's y mines go up to 30 volume demoing and when at comp 35 volume cause Thats what it tune to after 35 it start clipping stage..that's me, my box is tune to 32 hz too..

Edited by Brenton1

Correct me if I'm wrong. But gain use an oscope if not then a dmm meter. Subsonic according to your box ssf around 28 or so. Lpf around 80hz

no bas boost and phase 0 degrees

LPf 80hz??? Damn son!! Idk saz 2500 must be diff than the 3k cause LPf at 80hz clips the hell out the subs idk maybe it just my DC's.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But gain use an oscope if not then a dmm meter. Subsonic according to your box ssf around 28 or so. Lpf around 80hz

no bas boost and phase 0 degrees

LPf 80hz??? Damn son!! Idk saz 2500 must be diff than the 3k cause LPf at 80hz clips the hell out the subs idk maybe it just my DC's.

how does a low pass filter setting clip your woofers? and no its not your woofers fault that your amp clips.

edit: general area for a low pass filter is 80hz, but mine is 100hz (personal preference). subsonic you would want to have either at your box tuning or 2-3hz under it. bass boost keep off. phase keep on 0 (rarely should you need to change this). as for gain, get a digital multimeter or an oscilloscope if you have one (if you dont, get a digital multimeter) and follow this picture.

l8h0g.jpg

as for the test tones its talking about, find them here. http://www.realmofexcursion.com/downloads.htm

Edited by Kranny

I kno bass boast 0 and LPf 0, and ur gain based on how loud u turn ur volume on hu and I'll go 45% on my gain with bout 30-35 volume I have a 3k sundown amp and think its the sub sonic to 30hz and phase 25% up that how I got my amp set up and it's perfect and if u need more power just turn ur gain up more.. Turn all bass off on HU. When u set the volume don't go over.. 40 volume will be the max to go too if u have a good hu. I have a great one that's y mines go up to 30 volume demoing and when at comp 35 volume cause Thats what it tune to after 35 it start clipping stage..that's me, my box is tune to 32 hz too..

you seriously need to learn about tuning amplifiers. i read this and i could have taken half the things you said and gotten the wrong message from them. such as turn all bass off on the headunit. someone could read this as put all bass settings to negative etc. "good" headunits dont have a common volume. example, kenwoods go up to 35, jvc's go up to like 70, some pioneers go to 62, others 8 0. if a gain knob was meant to be turned to one specific point, then why would the manufacturer make it a KNOB instead of a switch or nothing at all? its meant to be changed because one person could have an equalizer/line voltage booster and another person could just have a headunit. and what makes you think you have a great headunit? what model number is it? im curious to see your logic on this. and how do you know things are clipping? do you have an oscilloscope?

Edited by Kranny

thanks fellaz!

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903