Sonic Electronix

If you haven't done the big 3 you HAVE to with that big of an alt. Check all your wiring..

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

you were at idle werent you?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

ok ive had my system in my grand prix for a couple days before my mechman alternator came in. i put that in today and now when i turn the amp up to 3/4 on the bass knob the amp shuts off when this never happened before with the original alt, what could be causing this?

Alternator properly installed? check all your ground connections... Also do u have an external voltage regulator? or is it regulated by the car's ECU? If it's external, check the voltage its set to.

What is the voltage at the amp with the car running?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

i have yet to grab the dmm im inside trying to warm up, but big 3 has been done with all 0 guage.

no i was driving when this was happening i also seen some flucuating rpms, and could physically feel it drag a little bit.

could it possibly be a belt slipping under load?, im hoping it isnt beacuse i already have a goodyear gatorback on it

edit:Yes its regulated by the ecu, it kinda acts sluggish like its slow on producing the amps that being requested

Edited by shawnschuldt

i have yet to grab the dmm im inside trying to warm up, but big 3 has been done with all 0 guage.

no i was driving when this was happening i also seen some flucuating rpms, and could physically feel it drag a little bit.

could it possibly be a belt slipping under load?, im hoping it isnt beacuse i already have a goodyear gatorback on it

the drag is normal. it means the alt is doing its job.

you might want to check the belt though just in case.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

ok so i checked a few things out and yesterday everything seem okay the voltage was steady at 14.5 and with the music up the most i seen a drop to was 13.

but today is a different issue i didnt have it up half way and i could see considerable dimming from all lights, is it possible that the belt would only slip during a load on the alt? i drove in 2nd with the rpms at about 2000 and the fluctuation im getting is huge, i only have a 2600 watt hifonics brutus and a 270 mechman alt. im kinda lost

yes if your belt is not getting enough grip to the pulley, it can result in slippage under load. you will hear it if it is slipping, though. i had a poor belt when i first got my alt that would slip under any real load at idle. looking at my volt meter, showing 12 volts flat, and a terrible screeching noise from under the hood. fluctuation also sounds like a belt problem. ive read online that that is caused from belts being too tight, but i could see it being from a belt too loose, as well.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

i dont think a bad belt is the problem, but is it tight enough? ive read that you should be able to twist the belt at most 90 degrees to the left or right, no more. maybe try tightening it?

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm