Well what happens when you get bored on a sunday and autozone is open at 8 a.m.? Today was arts and crafts day at Big Oso's house :) Stripped my interior out, except for the dash because im stupid and cant get it out, sanded from 80 grit down to 220 to get it ready for some primer. Everything in the interior is gonna be black wtih some airbrushing and stenciling done inside. Hense the camp name MURDAH!!! :)

Here is everything already sanded.

Posted Image

Here are some pieces that have been put through 3 coats of primer, still gonna do another one. This took 2 cans of the filler primer. I had to use duplicolor cuz thats all they had. Don't give me no crap about the rust color either cuz thats all they had. I did read some of the tutorial :)

Posted Image

I did one piece earlier as far as 4 coats of primer and wet sand with 400 grit, just so I could get an idea of what it is going to look like when its completed. Here is a pic with 4 coats of primer, wetsanded and 3 coats of black color. I still need to wetsand this and put clear on it.

Posted Image

It actually looks pretty good.

Now I do have a couple questions.

1. when I am wetsanding either the primer or the base coat what grits are needed to achieve a glass like finished p[roduct?

2. When I am finished wetsanding the finish coat all I have to do is apply clear? Do I need to wetsand the clear also? If so do I need to buff each piece out.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

2006 Bass Race 156 points

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2008 Starting from scratch

Honestly when painting plastic all I do is ruff up the plastic some, spray it with an adhesion promoter, throw some highbuild on it and wet sand it( sometimes it take up to 3x to build out all the textured areas...), then go with a primer sealer, couple (5) coats of color. let that tack up and then hit it with the clear. with 2 stage paints its not necessary to sand the paint. You can wet sand the clear with 1500-2000 and then take a variable speed polisher to it if you want to but I have found its not always necessary.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I Sanded all the testure off first then used filler primer on it. Is that bad? All this is done with autozone duplicolor also.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2008 Starting from scratch

No, I just do it the other way so I am not sanding half the material away. Its all good the way you did it, it will be just fine! ( I used to do it your way b4 I was schooled by a bodyman!)

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

well sanding did take awhile, I think like 3 or 4 hours I did it in 4 stages so I didnt rip the vinyl up alot

yeah try that with all the plastic inside a rodeo and the outside (bumpers, door handles, mirrors...) The dude (my old neighbor the bodyman) drove by as I was finishing up the last piece (started at like 7am and got done at like10p.m.) :(

Looking good though! hows your hands feel?

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived