155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

interior looks dank bro...cant wait to see the door panels blacked out too...throw some suede in there too, maybe on the headliner as well. I've done headliners, and its pretty damn easy if you can get the thing out, but like you said, you cant, so....good luck. LMK if you have any questions on it..

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

where is the best place to get suede for the headliner and what would be the best spray glue for the heat out here in vegas

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

2006 Bass Race 156 points

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2008 Starting from scratch

Local custom upholstery shops will carry suede, both the nice stuff and the faux suede. Use Weldwood Contact Adhesive to spray it on. Available at HD, and must be sprayed thru a gun. You can brush it on too, but that takes a long time. Spray it on the original headliner and the back of the suede and start layin it on.

Good suede should run somewhere around $40 a yard (ouch). Fake stuff is like 10 bucks a yard.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Guest Nismofreak

Local custom upholstery shops will carry suede, both the nice stuff and the faux suede. Use Weldwood Contact Adhesive to spray it on. Available at HD, and must be sprayed thru a gun. You can brush it on too, but that takes a long time. Spray it on the original headliner and the back of the suede and start layin it on.

Good suede should run somewhere around $40 a yard (ouch). Fake stuff is like 10 bucks a yard.

I got the fake but looks good to man...

I am most likely going to go with fake simply for the fact that when the wall does come out I am going to have to redo the headliner so I might s well use the cheap shit the first time.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

First time reading this thread.

Everything looks like it is coming out ok, but if you don't mind, I will say a few things about it so far.

1st off, I assume you read my How-To since you mentioned using the rust colored primer. That stuff sucks ass when sanding it as you may have probally found out.

It looks as if you are about done, but for future reference, look for the SEM or Evercoats high build aerosol primers. You will love the stuff if you have to use canned paints. My How-To should have part numbers for them. If not, I iwll add them to it.

2nd, it was mentioned you could have skipped some of the sanding and just filled the grain with primer. NOT using the canned paints. There is a chance it would work with the SEM or Evercoat filler primers are they are very thick, but not with the duplicolor. At least not without using ALOT of cans.

I would suggest using a gun and Slick Sand or feather Fill filler primer.

3rd, the clearcoat. The best can clearcoat I have found and still use when I need to will be added to my How-To.

4th, a primer sealer is really only needed for lighter colors unless specified by the paint manufactuer. It looks like your using a dark base color. But, I think you may be better off using the sealer since you used alot of the rust colore Duplicor primer.

Other than that, everything looks like it is coming out ok. A clearcoat over the paint will allow it last much longer from fading and save you from chipping it.

I'll keep an eye on this so if I can assist you in anyway, just ask.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

This is probably going to be copetely redone in the future with a paintgun and compressor. I called every place in Vegas for Slick Sand and no one knew what I was talking about. I did sand the panels to begin with but I think I ripped them up when sanding because it took a lot of primer to fill in the lil bit of grain that didnt come off. I will never use duplicolor primer again that is for damn sure.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

Archived