Well it's that time for an oil change and I had a question. I my suv a couple of months ago and it had 87k miles on it. I'm thinking about using Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil 5w-30. I'm pretty sure all the oil changes before weren't synthetic. So I was wondering if I change it now would it cause a problem or something or should I just stay with the regular oil? Thanks :good:

Well it's that time for an oil change and I had a question. I my suv a couple of months ago and it had 87k miles on it. I'm thinking about using Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil 5w-30. I'm pretty sure all the oil changes before weren't synthetic. So I was wondering if I change it now would it cause a problem or something or should I just stay with the regular oil? Thanks :good:

won't be a problem, if anything it will help your motor last little longer if non snyth was in it befor. only thing you want to do when switch is change it sooner the first few times to help get out the old non synth oil. i myself switched soon as i got my jeep, i use lucas full synth and love it. also doesn't hurt to drop little more on a better filter.

your local oil change place can prolly tell you how often you should change it when your first switching over. in any case synth will help lube older motor and keep them running better also helps newer motors last little longer. they also say you can go longer between oil changes once its fully switched over but i still go every 3k miles.

won't be a problem, if anything it will help your motor last little longer if non snyth was in it befor. only thing you want to do when switch is change it sooner the first few times to help get out the old non synth oil. i myself switched soon as i got my jeep, i use lucas full synth and love it. also doesn't hurt to drop little more on a better filter.

your local oil change place can prolly tell you how often you should change it when your first switching over. in any case synth will help lube older motor and keep them running better also helps newer motors last little longer. they also say you can go longer between oil changes once its fully switched over but i still go every 3k miles.

Alright thanks. Yeah I'm probably going to go change it tomorrow and I'll see what they say when I pick it up about changing the oil.

most oils nowadays are a synthetic blend to begin with.. unless you buy the REALLY cheap stuff..

going synthetic is perfectly fine...

btw as for filters find a car quest.. or advance auto.. wix is the best filter to be had.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

unless its a race motor there is NO need for royal purple..

<< royal purple fan myself.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!