Sonic Electronix

I'll be honest, I have a REALLY REALLY REALLY good feeling that this knob is the "remote gain." In which you turn the entire way up, set your gains with either the dmm or o-scope, then turn back down. Therefore the knob would limit you to only your maximum gain set.

WHICH, would not be using your "bass boost." Often referred to as the same thing, "gain" and "boooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssttttttt" are different.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

this is what i got from there website

In the early 70's, Jim Fosgate studied the acoustical properties of automobiles. Utilizing a real-time analyzer and pink noise, he would graph out the acoustical characteristics of each car he tested. This lead to the development of the Punch Eq to compensate for problems that were common in all cars. The Punch Bass EQ section of the Punch EQ up to 18dB of boost for correcting acoustical deficiencies.

this is what i got from there website

In the early 70's, Jim Fosgate studied the acoustical properties of automobiles. Utilizing a real-time analyzer and pink noise, he would graph out the acoustical characteristics of each car he tested. This lead to the development of the Punch Eq to compensate for problems that were common in all cars. The Punch Bass EQ section of the Punch EQ up to 18dB of boost for correcting acoustical deficiencies.

if you set your gain (with an oscope) at the bass boost frequency and the bass boost all the way up, then you shouldn't have any clipping problems. However, your system will peak around that particular frequency and usually doesn't sound all that great. It is great for single note systems, not so much for musical systems.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Maybe I'm stupid but I always thought cheaper amps had bass boost knobs and other not so cheap amps had bass gain knobs but then again that's my .02

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

if you set the AC voltage via DMM with the knob all the way up, i think youll be fine. if your application calls for lets say 25 volts AC, if you use bass boost to achieve that 25 volts, i dont think youll be clipping. its when you set the actual gain to 25 volts and then turn up the bass boost, causing a drastic increase in that voltage (therefor causing the signal to become dirty aka clipped).

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm