Sonic Electronix

ok guys...i have a weee dillema...

Just put my BRZ2100 in my car the other night...sounds amazing with great output...also have a RF T400.4...

now the problem...start playin some tunes, turn the bass knob up, bump for a minute, then all the sudden...all the door speakers shut down and nothing but bass...

I had my digi mm, on it the other night and was reading the voltage and both amps are carrying the same voltage, i then moved the REM wires and the 4 channel remote wire reads 10.8 then when bass drops it goes below 9v(obviously a problem)...the mono blocks REM wire is daisy chained off the 4 channel...

the voltage on both amps on the power wire are both at 13.5

BUTTTTT i have a relay on the remote wire in hopes that it would solve the issue and give a steady current to both amps...well thats NOT the case...it still does it...

Do I run 2 seperate Remote wires from the relay back to each amp??

Run a bigger gauge remote wire???

all input is highly appreciated!!!

Edited by The Orange Goober

If your positive it is the result of the remote wire...

Then what i'd do is use your HU remote wire to operate a relay, and have the relay controlling a +12v from your battery. If that makes sense... and using 14-16 gauge wire should be fine.

This problem sounds more like a grounding or impedance issue with the amp... Are u sure its shutting off? or is it going into protect? If the output impedance is too low, it's possible the amp is overheating and protecting after some time bumping. It could also be a grounding issue...

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

all the grounds are nuts and bolts through the floor with paint removed on both sides...0 gauge wire from front battery to distro block, 0 gauge to mono block...4 gauge to T400....

I DO HAVE the relay mod at the headunit with wire from battery running inside for an insured 12v source....

I was at the amps as it was "shutting down" and the power light stays lit..does NOT go in to protect or thermal...which is why this is confusing....

all the grounds are nuts and bolts through the floor with paint removed on both sides...0 gauge wire from front battery to distro block, 0 gauge to mono block...4 gauge to T400....

I DO HAVE the relay mod at the headunit with wire from battery running inside for an insured 12v source....

I was at the amps as it was "shutting down" and the power light stays lit..does NOT go in to protect or thermal...which is why this is confusing....

Sorry i read the OP wrong. Didn't mean to tell u about a relay if u already have one. Anyway, the power is on and it's NOT in protect? It could be an issue with the input try replacing the RCAs? or make sure they are connected well, maybe the bass is rattling em loose.

**EDIT

I have to read better. I'm sorry. So you have major voltage drop at your REM when the bass hits? but NOT at the main power wires for either amp? Then try running a larger gauge REM, or check your connections, but you've done that so i'm not sure. I'll keep thinking about it..

Edited by osamio

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

I had the same thing happen to me the other day, turns out it was an impedance issue due to improper setting on my passive xover. Yeah, it was a noob mistake, but I recognized it pretty quickly so I should get a pass :pardon:

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

I had the same thing happen to me the other day, turns out it was an impedance issue due to improper setting on my passive xover. Yeah, it was a noob mistake, but I recognized it pretty quickly so I should get a pass :pardon:

was that due on the crossover on the amp?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

im sure its not an impedance issue, all speakers are wired at 4 ohms...well time to run a bigger wire...i foresee 2 runs of 12 gauge in my near future lol...take it from there and see what happens...

irritating....im waiting for my kinetik to get here so i can get it in there..well hell lol

Edited by The Orange Goober

was that due on the crossover on the amp?

xover on amp = active, it's the passive xover for my PPI 356's i'm talking about....they have a few switches on them where you can adjust phase, tweeter level, amping configurations and mid contour....I had the amping config wrong at first....with these comps you can bi-amp or run them parallel (if you were running each side off 1ch only), I mistakingly had the switch set to parallel instead of bi-amp (used when running each speaker on it's own channel). Amp got hot as shit and went into protect after about 5-10 minutes of playing. Fixed the xover setting, no more problems with it.

im sure its not an impedance issue, all speakers are wired at 4 ohms...well time to run a bigger wire...i foresee 2 runs of 12 gauge in my near future lol...take it from there and see what happens...

irritating....im waiting for my kinetik to get here so i can get it in there..well hell lol

You running passive xovers? Check the settings on them if you have any, I almost burnt up my 4ch by this oversight.