Second Skin Audio

Best Bang for the Buck(2x 12" DC Level 3s or x2 15" Alpine Type-Rs?)

level 3's wont last on a 2200 at full power lmao. i dont think yoru electrical will either.

kranny and his llama are correct...no need to give level 3's that much...if you're completely set on that amp i'd honestly get the sa-12's..

my llama is all knowing :D. but seriously, on an audiopipe 1500 those things were moving an inch. i dont think they'll move any more.

edit: if you had to stick with that 2200, upgrade to the level 4's.

How much would 2 12" Level 4s cost me if you dont mind me asking

pm corona_jeff, CJ18, chode69, dwright27, thorshammer, or WCArusty...one of them will most likely chime in..

Yea...I been talking to Jeff...hes the one selling me the 3s...but idk...i wonder if a AQ1200D would run the 3s clean and hard

i got 4 lvl 3's from jeff, and he said that he wouldn't really do much more than 900 rms to each sub...he said that the DD m2a, which he clamped at 2600w iirc, would be plenty for these subs and would get them moving really nicely.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

level 3's wont last on a 2200 at full power lmao. i dont think yoru electrical will either.

kranny and his llama are correct...no need to give level 3's that much...if you're completely set on that amp i'd honestly get the sa-12's..

my llama is all knowing :D. but seriously, on an audiopipe 1500 those things were moving an inch. i dont think they'll move any more.

edit: if you had to stick with that 2200, upgrade to the level 4's.

How much would 2 12" Level 4s cost me if you dont mind me asking

pm corona_jeff, CJ18, chode69, dwright27, thorshammer, or WCArusty...one of them will most likely chime in..

Yea...I been talking to Jeff...hes the one selling me the 3s...but idk...i wonder if a AQ1200D would run the 3s clean and hard

i got 4 lvl 3's from jeff, and he said that he wouldn't really do much more than 900 rms to each sub...he said that the DD m2a, which he clamped at 2600w iirc, would be plenty for these subs and would get them moving really nicely.

So going down to the AQ1200D would run them smoothly? and i would still need all electrical upgrades right?

THE YOTA(96'Camry LE)

Her Voice:

Kenwood KDC-MP345U Receiver

Two 12" HFi12D4 Subwoofers

Rockford Fosgate 201s Amp

Four Kenwood Excelon KFC-X693 6x9s

So going down to the AQ1200D would run them smoothly? and i would still need all electrical upgrades right?

jeez this multi quoting is killing me. no you dont really need any electrical upgrades but i recommend the big 3.

kranny and his llama are correct...no

need to give level 3's that much...if you're completely set on that amp i'd honestly get the sa-12's..

WTF?? they're Chinese made and hav a 2.5" coil.

Level 3s have 3" aluminum ...

3" coil > 2.5"

all day everyday

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

kranny and his llama are correct...no

need to give level 3's that much...if you're completely set on that amp i'd honestly get the sa-12's..

WTF?? they're Chinese made and hav a 2.5" coil.

Level 3s have 3" aluminum ...

3" coil > 2.5"

all day everyday

I KNOW I KNOW...but i haven't personally seen the level 3's take a ton of power daily, i was thinking about doing it to my level 3's, like just making a box for 2 and throwing the m2a at them. all i'm saying is that the sa series has been more proven so far. I'll still personally take my Dc's all day though.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

Build in Progress

The level 3s are STUPID under rated. The reasoning behind the 600 ram

Rating was so the level 2 wouldn't be "over rated" and so they wouldn't have 2 subs rated the same power.

IMO the level 3 should be rated at 1000 rms. And probably will be soon.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

And a video was posted on rusties Facebook of level 3 taking 16kw for burps.

i'll go look on that, and i knew they were underrated, and i figured it was a good bit because it's the only 600w woofer with a 3" coil..but i guess it's just because most of the people that run dc have the larger subs and we don't really get to see what the lower levels will do.

Build in Progress

Also keep in mind that this guy said " He didnt want any issues," When pushing a sub to the limit theres always the possability of failure. Remember he is on a budget and wants things to last. So with that being said the 1200 would be perfect for what ever woofer he gets, SA or lvl 3's. Put the extra money he was gonna spend on the 2200d for another batt.